[Feedback] New Plane of Tranq Spells

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cragzop, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

While they're messing with ports can we please have Single/Group/TL spell casts reduced hugely. Especially AE GHall TL.
    Jumbur likes this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

So is Esianti, but a port where you could skip smoke-trials once you have completed a single trial once, would be very useful.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Lamp :)
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Yep, I use the lamp when I want to go to Empyr, I was thinking more about helping others with TBL progression, who doesn't have the lamp yet. :)
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

If they made pok a pickzone we wouldnt have to hear complaints about lagpile location anymore.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

And then it could move to GL, where it belongs (and is, on my server, thankfully).
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I would prefer they updated the game-engine to handle lag piles better.
    The only problem I have with lag-piles, is the low framerate, and the fact that the mouse controls gets inaccurate when the framerate drops(and the superbright light a lagpile emits).
    All of those issues could be fixed with an engine-update.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

Negative. It was in GL before it was in pok and that was worse.
    Niskin likes this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Works fine on Tunare. Probably server/population dependent. I'll stick with preferring GL.
    Fenthen and Velisaris_MS like this.
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Please not in the Guild Lobby. At least in PoK I can avoid it. There are really only two reasons to be in the GL, going to Guild Hall or summoning corpse for a resurrection. The pile in the middle makes running to the GH harder, even with modern hardware.

Without the pile I can run straight through to the GH door. With the pile there I have to look at the floor, follow the circle around, dodging those stupid lamp posts that are in the way. This isn't so bad when I'm on my main PC, I could just run through the pile then. But my second PC can't handle it, nor any other machines I might be using when away from my gaming cave.

Even when I'm bound in PoK, in the midst of the pile, I can look at the ground and run away. Problem solved.
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Does not work fine on Tunare, does not work fine anywhere. Have your pile in PoK, enjoy the game anyway.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You are exactly wrong. Never a reason to go to GL.

See how subjectivity changes everything? ;)

Also, what lag I do see in GL when I rarely go there is just in the main room, and when facing the pile. When in the side room to summon a corpse, the lag is gone.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

On Phinny PoK was non-functioning for hours. This will probably just move the problem to PoT but at least there are no doors in PoT.
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I only have two anchors, and they are over an hour cooldown, so sometimes I have to run through. The pile is in the worst place, directly in the path from the PoK zone-in to the GH doors. Running around is annoying because of the light posts and needing to look down. This all goes back to how graphical lag in EQ affects mouse-looking, which would be poorly.

I get it though, people throne and sit, just like gating and sitting for where the PoK pile is. You can't change basic behavior like that, people see other people so they stay, and then MGB's happen. It's just not a good spot for it considering the 32-bit DirectX 9 client software.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I guess I'm spoiled, because I have the ports for the anchors, in addition to the clickies. Even with that, I only go to GH maybe once a week.

Still, on Tunare, you can still run through the pile without the lag being too bad, and running around the hallways is no issue at all.

But that still leaves the main issue.... why a lag pile at all? I've just never seen the need. If you HAVE to HAVE the buffs that badly, just roll a buffbot on a F2P account. And especially now, with buffs no longer having ranks 2 and 3, a F2P buffbot is all you need.
  16. SunDrake Augur

I believe Bristlebane is the only server that insists on its pile being in the worst possible location.

Best one I've noticed is on Xegony, behind the main bank.
  17. Flatchy Court Jester

I liked back when people buffed behind the main bank, by the nexus stone , or in the nexus. Getting KEI and donating.

Buff bots are the way to go. I have not relied on anyone to buff me in forever it seems. So that leads to this question. Which class buffs (beside your self buffs) do you HAVE TO HAVE

My list is
    1. Clerics (then again I always use a merc for healer so really dont count this one)
    2. Enchanter
    3. Shaman
    4. Pally
    5. Mage (DS)
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I afk in the guild hall and come back to find myself fully buffed. :)
    Svann2 likes this.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I currently 3-box Druid, SK, Mage. I recently rolled ENC, SHM, BST on other accounts. I take my cleric buffs from a merc, as you said.

What am I missing with pally?
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is just another TLP freebie "gimme gimme". Nothing to see here. Move along.