Follow distance

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by quakedragon, Apr 11, 2021.

1. quakedragon Augur

Is there a way to adjust follow distance?

Say I want to follow someone like literally in handshaking distance type follow?
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Move slowly.

Sounds like a smart-@$$ answer, but it's literally the only way to do what you ask.

As a rule, I will stop whenever there's a change in direction. As long as you're going straight, and there aren't any obstructions like tree branches, etc, you can move as fast as you want. Of course, this assumes all chars have the same run speed buffs. But once there's a change in direction, you have to stop and let them bunch up.
  3. OldRodKS Elder

How do multi-boxers do it with 16 different chars?

I 2-box a lot and can hardly navigate my follower through any area without the follower getting hung up on a wall or behind a corner, etc. or taking some huge wide arc and running through the middle of a camp... in dungeons is nearly impossible.

The I'm camping a dungeon spot and see a mass of 16 boxes swarm through all at once with no problem whatsoever. How do they do it?
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

16 boxers? Does that even exist?

A couple things come to mind.... many boxers include a mage in the group. Get the mage where you want him, then group CoH. Done.

The "shall not be named" boxing s/w has it's own follow feature, which I've heard works like you think follow should work. If you're seeing someone running 16 boxes at once (and why 16? It's not even an round multiple of group size), I wouldn't be surprised if they're using that s/w.

Or, when moving through tight quarters, take it slow, and make wide turns.
  5. quakedragon Augur

Things like Fort Mech to MMM, the elevator is tiny. I'm following, they do the elevator, I'm not on the elevator. So I'm wondering can I adjust the follow distance so I'm literally holding their hands distance away from the person I'm following.
    I'd like to know if there is a way to adjust the follow distance.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No. You cannot adjust the follow distance because it has too many outside influences.

Elevators are a pain and seldom allow for the auto follow to work right and those in MMM are worse than the ones in POK library. Save time and stress and do it 1 or 2 at a time. Holding down the "end" key will at least help you get to the bottom faster.

Auto follow running many boxes can be done without "help". The most boxing I can do comfortably with my own 2 little hands and lost of manual alt tabbing is 12. But it takes so long to set up the auto follow, like 2 minutes, its easier just to run them sometimes.

Never auto follow on ice - that is up there with running with scissors.
  7. Covennx Augur

You can try making sure you have the "Max Background FPS" under Options --> Display Tab --> Advanced turned up, 60 is manageable, 100 is better, max is best.
    Duder likes this.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

AF on ice is totally doable. Straight lines and walls/object collision are your friend.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

I dont think they use the in game /follow. There is a program that runs their toons. Its a grey area.
  10. OldRodKS Elder

Thanks. I'll check that out