Duo box for LDoN and GoD..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Damezza, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Damezza Augur

for this era, casters get weaker... or is it just that there are good melee weapons available via raids. i will not be raiding. never played during this era so looking for some guidance. caster are way easier to box so if its simply just that that are some good melee weaps available...

which one of these maintains its efficacy best:
    (trying to avoid the meta sham/sk or monk but please feel free to use them as a point of comparison for combos below)
    ability to kill tougher mobs > speed killing trash. i hate charming has primary source of killing.

1- beast/dru or cleric - both, though ive heard the beast/cleric is just too low on dps

2- sham/ranger

3- beast/necro - or does this era require a more serious healer
    (same question for beast/chant)

4- mage + sham or dru - are casters as they say weak during this era as folks say

5- sham/necro - can the sham face tank during this era effectively? or is it far below even that of beast/mage pets or rangers/beastlords themselves (considering sham spells during this era)
  2. Nicorus Elder

For the melee combos it really depends on their gear level. If raid geared then ranger or beast or shaman make ok tanks for farming random augs and can take some hits. GoD era melee see a huge jump in power with god raid weapons too so those combos are far more effective if you raid. The caster combos are more restricted to a few farm spots because the mobs in GOD summon except for a few spots.

Of the ones you listed I think rng shaman is the best duo by itself if raid geared. Bst clr can do things but will kill slowly, it’s a great base for a group though. Necro and mage are relatively weak in this era compared to geared melee.
  3. Damezza Augur

i very likely wont be able to get any raiding in unless my duo can do it haha. can we look at the combos i the context of no raid gear?
  4. Xhartor Augur

SK/Shamy. In GoD you really want a tank, if you aren't raid geared it's even more important.
    Warrior or Paladin could also work with the Shamy.
  5. Damezza Augur

no way a beast or ranger pulls this off? was thinking a beast juggling damage and splitting it with his pet?
  6. Thez69 Elder

no, gates is very unforgiving to undergeared players, even tanks in bazaar gear are going to have a rough go at it
  7. Damezza Augur

odd question.. would necro be able to tap tank these mobs with sham support?
  8. mightiest New Member

Maybe in the lower zones like sewers or even ferubi. Tipt and up is out of the question.

That's assuming group gear, in raid gear you could probably kill trash as long as you get single pulls but nameds hit way too hard.

Gates is brutally difficult in group gear, it's not a place that you can casually 2-box much of anything if you're not a raider. Things get much easier in omens.
  9. Damezza Augur

even in the case of sk/sham in group gear?
  10. Nicorus Elder

Shm sk should atleast be able to duo some ac aug camps and that sorta stuff and farm some group instance stuff if you are careful. God through omens just suffers from group mobs hitting super hard and group gear being way way behind raid gear.

It isn’t a bad era to slow roll either. Pausing at 51 or 55 and 60 to get aa in the earlier era easy zones can help a lot

Joining a raid guild as a friends and family isn’t a bad idea either. Raid weapons in god tend to be class specific and so rot all the time and can make a huge difference even if you can only make one raid a month.
  11. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

No mez = gonna have a bad time, in Ldon and GoD.
  12. Damezza Augur

what duo box are you suggesting?
  13. Damezza Augur

chanter + beast?
    chanter + pal?
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

As a ranger I was always in high demand in LDON. Tracking those named was needed. But on the other hand all the areas are very closed in with lots and lots of mobs. So a mezzer does help.

I think my best group was my ranger and a pally friend or the cleric friend
  15. Gnothappening Augur

I suggest pally druid as a combo. It is a great backbone of a party. You have everything but slow and at some point the druid attack debuffs work out to be almost as good as slow for a few expansions, assuming I remember that correctly.