New TLP Servers?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by LastManStanding, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Aziuno Augur

Sounds to me like you should be playing Underfoot+ Expansions.
    yerm and code-zero like this.
  2. Moranis Augur

I've tried...too many APM (actions per minute) for me in EQ post-PoP. I like the difficulty for sure, but the game is too button mashey by that point. I like the simplicity of early EQ, but I just wish it wasn't such a pushover. I really like the play and pace of P1999...I just loathe the corpse runs and lack of boxing.
    Aziuno likes this.
  3. Shakara Augur

I think something much more simple and just as effective would be to make a harsh xp death penalty (like 30-50% heck maybe 75%) This would do a lot of things. First bring back the fear because dying means losing quite a bit of progression. Second it would force a lot more social interaction as ports would be much more desirable to limit time traveling through dangerous territory and getting rezed would be almost mandatory (Pallies would even be getting begged for them). Third a lot of items would be less common because they often require traveling to riskier places that they may just forgo. Outdoor zones would be more viable for leveling as they are safer and the ZEMs for indoor zones would be justified.
  4. Zinth Augur

define difficult? having to grind 10 hours for 1% exp isn't difficult, just boring... so whats on the plate?
  5. Zinth Augur

losing 75% of a level on death? what have you smoked today? have you EVER raided? do you know how much tanks dies on raids? especially in the DT era?
  6. Moranis Augur

Hyperbole much? It's tough to define, but something along the lines of making mobs difficult enough such that traditional "camps" require a solid group of the proper level to keep clear. Seriously vague, I know, but as a start I would do as I mentioned previously...add 25% to mob HP / AC / RESISTS plus nerfing charm another 25%, giving every mob a minimum 5% stun resist, and putz around with ZEMs to make less popular zones somewhat worthwhile.
  7. Kahna Augur

You obviously never played in the Ragefire/Lockjaw era, even Phinny had more whining than Aradune. Aradune whines have actually been fairly minimal, and none of them have been about things folks haven't been whining about since TLP servers became a thing.
  8. Zinth Augur

oh I played on all of them, even all the back to Sleeper and Combine and so on, that whining was nothing compared to arawhine.
  9. Triconix Augur

So you want harder gameplay but don't like pressing buttons? The only suggestions you offered make everything just more time consuming without increased difficulty IE tedious and boring.

I guess I'll never understand how people don't like having more control of a character. Being limited to so little is just meh.
    code-zero and Duder like this.
  10. Sakuraba Augur

Wait, what? They're trying this again? XD
  11. Moranis Augur

To each their own... honestly, I think classic eq is too watered down and simplistic, but live is just so over the top. If I had to choose between the two, I would choose Classic every time. I think I have like 7 full hotbars full of stuff on my L115 SK and I don't even min/max and knowingly ignore at least a handful of somewhat useful AAs and clickies.

Somewhere around Luclin/PoP seems to be about the right amount of APM for me.
  12. Tachyon Augur

I've played on all of them, Classic > GoD. After that the game is kind of rinse and repeat so I move on. Hoping for a new one this Spring!
  13. Triconix Augur

The APM doesn't really change between classic and POP, especially if you're a melee class. Actually, my APM as a warrior will more than likely go down due to autoskill. Certain classes don't even come into their own until many expansions in (TSS+).

Classic/Kunark is an absolute snorefest. If I ever do another TLP I'll completely skip Classic/Kunark and possibly even Velious. It's just way too slow-paced and repetitive. I honestly don't know how people can enjoy repeating that junk every year. They all do the same path for exping and yet somehow were get these kind of statements:

Once raids drop from 72 to 54 and the group game starts to evolve is when this game really comes into it's own imo. Raids are more event-based rather than just tank/spank for a few minutes, you have tasks/missions that break up the monotonous grinding endlessly, etc.
    code-zero and Duder like this.
  14. brickz Augur

tasks/missions are the absolute worst part of the 70+ game, just let me grind thanks
  15. Kahna Augur

There were literally pages upon pages of complaints for Ragefire and Lockjaw and people quit in such massive numbers that they caved and built a system they swore they never would. No server since has ever held a candle to the complaints levied by Ragefire/Lockjaw. Not even in the same category. Aradune has maybe 1-2 whine posts a week, always about things that have been complained about on every other server. Usually those other servers complained more aggressively because Aradune folks have given up on the idea that any further changes will be made. Most folks in game are perfectly happy on Aradune, where as most people on RF/LJ were quitting because they hated it so much.

I don't even know what planet you are on to think that Aradune is the most whiny server. Even Phinny was whinier at this stage than Aradune is. Mostly because Phinny had stuff that still needed fixing that has been fixed for Aradune. Check your rose colored glassed hun.
    Lejaun likes this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

• Self-Inflicted Boredom.
    • Repeating the same exact scenario and expecting a different outcome.
    • Classic to PoP TLP server recycling.
    • Make EQ Hard Again (but let us keep all that wonderful player power cuz we like that s**t"!)

All the above are connected, have fun with that.
    Koshk, code-zero and Triconix like this.
  17. Zinth Augur

they didn't quit... we got what we asked for and moved to Phinny where we still are today ;-) You know the first server to get AoC's ;-) what people have asked for so we could all get a chance to raid WHEN we had time
  18. Kahna Augur

Folks were quitting long before Phinny was announced, why do you think they made Phinny? They never would have released Phinny if subscription numbers on RF/LJ had stayed high, no matter how much we complained. Phinny was motivated by a loss in profit, plain and simple. I was there too, hun. I played on both Ragefire and Phinny.

And if you are playing so happily on Phinny why do you even care about life on Aradune? Does the one or two posts a week really bother you that much? Did you hate Mangler, because they had roughly the same number of complaint posts? Or do you have some special dislike for the 2 box limit, despite the fact that it doesn't effect you at all? You could just, not click on the Aradune posts if they bother you that much.
    Lejaun likes this.
  19. Zinth Augur

we didn't quit ya know, we just went from Ragefire over to Lockjaw when they opened that up because Ragefire was horribly overfilled... and we had only gotten to Kunark when they announced Phinny ;-) and people also thought truebox would be the holy grail... they were wrong but the whining about "boxing" only increased over the years and culminated on Aradune because you were only supposed to box 2 there... so everyone thought that NOW people would group with them... but even if there was NO BOXING then people wouldn't group with them... not because of boxes... but because of THEM... ;-)
  20. Dirkman Journeyman

This is what most anti boxers dont understand. Their thinking in general is if this person was not boxing that character then they would be forced to group and might have room for me.

What they don't understand is that person boxing would most likely not even be playing if they could not box that character.
    Zinth and Thewiz like this.