Untargetable Players

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by GoneFission, Mar 5, 2021.

1. GoneFission Augur

I saw a couple of players on line today. They were visible even though they had the () around their names, and so not rogue invised.

I could not target them. If I clicked on the character, nothing happened. If I typed /tar <name>, I got a flash in the target window, and then it cleared. There wasn’t a chat message like when you try to target someone not in the zone, they just could not be targeted. I’ve never seen that in close to two decades in this game.

Can anyone tell me what causes that? Was it an artifact in the graphics? Is it a cheat program to keep mobs from targeting? What was going on?
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Duder and GoneFission like this.
  3. GoneFission Augur

Other than the parentheses around the name (which I don’t think IVU gives) that sounds like it. They certainly would have also been IVU where they were.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

At least some classes (bards for sure) have double invis nowadays so being invis + IVU is pretty common.
    Lilybeme and Fanra like this.
  5. CazRaX Elder

IvU does give the parentheses around the name just like regular invis.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

I dont think thats true.
  7. CazRaX Elder

You are correct, I think I hit the wrong invis on my SK when trying it.
  8. Warpeace Augur

IvU does not give the parentheses around your name.
  9. Zamiam Augur

most peeps can get dbl invis as long as you 2 box classes that can do both or 1 or the other .. then its just a matter of syncing both so they cast at same time .. then you get both toons with dbl invis .. and the toon would show the () for the regular invis and IvU wouldnt show anything .. that si prolly the bug you see going on even though the toon had () he was prolly dbl invis'd and the IvU bug went into effect..

I do the dbl invis thing on my toons all the time ..
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Yep, same. What works best for me is cast the invis AA first and a half-second later cast IVU AA. I have a bard with double invis but it comes with lev and lev annoys me. I can't block the lev buff because sometimes I want it.