Do they even know? Instance breakdown

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Svann2, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Had to cancel raids last night because instances were totally broken. Now today they are still having problems. Not heard a word from devs yet. Do they even know? Is it a holiday today? I just hate to think we will have to cancel raids again tonight.
    Baldur likes this.
  2. dreamweaver Community Manager

It's being investigated.
    Herf, Skuz, minimind and 1 other person like this.
  3. Tyreel Augur

I think the real question should be why are more hardware/network resources not dedicated to Everquest servers. If it is a matter of a small price increase on all access/new kronos at this point most of us would be willing to hand over 12, 24, 36 dollars a year more for working servers...
  4. Morigaine Elder

Instances seem to have been problematic since the launch of the Unity anniversary quest. I have to admit it boggles the mind that the developers indicate procs and instances can both create performance issues and then create more augs that proc and an anniversary quest that by its nature has everyone flipping the instance repeatedly until they have all the augs for mains and alts. The need for a hot fix to Qeynos Hills pick zones might have been a red flag.

A guaranteed spawn of the very burly gnoll and a lockout timer would have worked far better.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. German Augur

Put a 6 hour lockout on the unity mission via hotfix, that will solve the problem when you cant see the quest giver due to all the campfire smoke. Reminded me of Gribbles and the monster missions being abused way back in the day.

And I mean a lockout from when you kill a mob, not after killing a few and dropping and getting again over and over every 5 minutes. Lockout from doing the feathers or finishing the mission isn't sufficient
  6. Slasher Augur

It's a lack of hardware issue obviously the load on the instance servers are too great because of all the instances during anniversary content. Considering the expense/revenue ratio with EQ they surely can afford more hardware.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Tonight, again we got one raid done and second one is hosed. Frequent lag spikes up to 30 seconds or more.
    edit: after exiting 2nd raid and regetting, the new instance worked.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Looooooong zone times:mad:
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Metanis Bad Company

I think they are banking on the population of EQ solving the problem themselves by most of us giving up on the game. At some point, when about 70% of us have quit, the lag problems will solve themselves.

Of course then the bean counters will decree they need to reduce server expenses and they will downsize the data center again and the problem will return. Eventually when the whole game runs on a single Zeon they'll sunset us for good.
    Fenthen likes this.