The Weaponization of AFK Checks on Rizlona

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xanadas, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Xanadas Augur

Don't put words in my mouth. I am 100% in the camp of "let the players deal with it" (ie. wild wild west).

As others have pointed out, you're intentionally misunderstanding the point of the post, which I will not explain for a third time.
    NoMoreTLPs likes this.
  2. Xanadas Augur

Yes I wanted that camp, so I called out how I thought it was dumb for somebody to take a camp they can't even clear. This crap happens in Velks all the time too. Some AFK 3 boxer will claim "castle" then proceed to kill 4 golems in the "safe cubby". Anyway, I started killing on the other side of the map while continuing to talk with the guy in OOC. He began to get antagonistic (you mad bro? you need therapy, etc), so I decided that if he was gonna mess with the bull, he was gonna get the horns. He cussed at me and left.

That SHOULD have been the end of it, but he decided he would exploit the GMs and try to use the petition system with a false claim against me.
  3. Xondor Lorekeeper

Exactly what I thought too. Purposely do something to piss someone off, you get in trouble for it, and then you blame them for you acting like that??.. lmao
  4. brickz Augur

He didn't "get into trouble" and people who claim camps they can't clear should share or be bullied until they leave. Neither fact is material to the point that the GMs on these two TLPs are godawful
  5. Tegila Augur

wait. were you havign a conversation with them in OOC, or werent you? if you were, how were they AFK??? cant have it both ways. theyre eitehr there to converse, or theyre AFK. dont conflate boxing with AFK botting. botting does not equal boxing, and the AFK botters are rarely only 3 toons lmao.
  6. Lejaun Augur

I think most times I see someone post about Siren's Grotto, the number of picks doubles. Yet every time I go through there, the number of picks is never anywhere close to how many people claim there are.

I then think about how bent out of shape people are about Siren's Grotto, as if it is some hotly contested zone everyone wants to be in other than the farmers.
  7. jeskola pheerie

OK, so I was the player he ran into in Chardok. Let me get one thing clear though - I did not petition you. Sorry if you got afk checked, but it wasn't me. Based on my brief encounter with you, I can't say I am surprised that someone did petition you, though. You weren't exactly a pleasure to deal with. In fact, you're the first bad encounter I've had on Rizlona and I've been there since day one.

Here are the mobs I was keeping clear with my group of 6, that was not up to his standard with his group of 12+. I don't frequent that area of Chardok much and I am not aware of any pre-defined camps or where people normally set up. I found a safe spot a couple weeks ago and have been using that as my camp. To me, this seemed like a decent chunk of mobs to hold down with the fast spawn time (I think its 9 minutes?), it was around 25 mobs or so.

[IMG]

I had been there for close to 4 hours and was wrapping up as my XP pots were nearing their end. During that time, a couple other groups came in and said hello and camped checked, and went elsewhere or zoned out when I called kennel.

I was afk for a few minutes (my guys not killing or doing anything while I was afk, because I don't do that), and when I came back there was an OOC that I did not capture along the lines of

"If you can't kill more than 8 mobs why are you in the best camp in the zone?" followed by:
    [IMG]

Now after that, I did throw out a "U Mad Bro?" because I've never got the chance to use that classic phrase and it seemed to fit the situation. It wasn't my best moment, I'll admit. He got heated and went on about how awesome he is and how much he can clear, and how groups of 6 don't belong in that camp or something and I also threw out a "seek therapy", again not my most shining moment.

After that he decided to just move into the camp and take it, while throwing out more snarky comments, so I called him an a***ole and ported out. Luckily for me I was about done with that grind anyway.

Let me reiterate, I didn't petition this guy, but I am not surprised if someone else has along the way if this is how he regularly carries himself.
    Jennre, NoMoreTLPs, Karreck and 3 others like this.
  8. a_librarian Augur

You went and saw 3 picks of bots, probably 54 characters in total, who use scripts to farm millions of plat and come back to say this? lmao dude

It's a joke that these mass bot teams haven't been banned on Aradune. The should be banned immediately for violating truebox and the character limit. It's that simple.
  9. Lejaun Augur

Eh, better than lying about how 10 picks or whatever are being farmed. But I guess you can get up in arms and all mad about how somebody is taking a camp most people would never do.

I don't like bot armies anymore than other people, but I'm not going to cry or complain about it over and over. Darkpaw is going to boot them or they aren't. Report the botters if that's your MO and move on.
  10. Gnothappening Augur

Has nothing to do with people wanting the zone. People want the 2 box server to be 2 boxes. I get that, despite the fact that I prefer the ruleset of Rizlona or regular TLPs like Mangler. On Mangler I boxed a full group. On Aradune I only have 2. TBH the only reason to be on Aradune is friends from outside the game play there. Wish they would have played on Rizlona, but it is what it is.

My biggest issue with those cheating on Aradune, such as the plvl crews in the Deep, afk farmers in Siren's Grotto, and full raid forces, is that these should be the easiest to catch, but they aren't. Meanwhile you have regular Joe getting petitioned because someone wants their camp.
  11. aalith New Member

Astonishing how much of a blatant and entitled jerk the OP is completely oblivious of being
    Karreck likes this.
  12. Troutfest Augur

Got checked by a GM, nothing happened. Working as it should it seems.
    Karreck likes this.
  13. Stix Man Elder

Exactly. They make the nice and friendly 3-6 boxers hide and get scared of being reported but then let the blatant 50+ boxing armies warp around and automate SG. Like, why even keep the rules if you're only going to enforce it on the small boxers who probably don't even actually harm ANYONE. They just get reported and harassed because those are the server rules. Meanwhile, walk over to sirens grotto and somehow none of it matters.

It's them catering to like 3 people boxing armies and saying sorry to the other people who have trueboxed more than 2 for multiple servers and now can't or they'll be harassed and reported all day.

This server just sets an example that we will not ever let them put such a stupid ruleset on another server. Their enforcement was a total failure and it was only because of a lack of caring. Now, with the next server, they can finally undo the idiocy that was the ruleset to Aradune.

What the company says: We don't want people keeping their own picks open
    What the company says: We want people playing 2 characters MAX

Sirens Grotto: 80+ toons for 5+ days all automating. 200+ characters with PoK achievements day 1 and travel through PoK weekly.

So, picks somehow are so precious that the rest of us aren't worth enough to the company to keep picks open ourselves? But, if you're one of the SG bots, you can keep 3-5 picks open of any zone you want. All by yourself.

What...???

So, do picks hurt the server or not? If the picks were SOOOOOOOO bad for the game, why do they let botters keep over 12 picks open 24/7 across the server of Aradune? 2-3 people keeping 12+ picks of velks/chardok/sirens grotto 24/7 and now all of a sudden picks don't hurt the game?

Make up your mind.
  14. Gnothappening Augur

While I agree with a lot of what you said, the way picks works is that you have to have a certain threshold for each zone and then it spawns a new pick. Once a pick is open, it takes 10 or so toons to keep it open. I think that is why the one poster earlier said he only saw three picks while others reported five or more. If a team dies and their pick gets flagged to close before they get back and rezzed up, then it will close and dump players to the main pick.
  15. Lejaun Augur

Nah, I said it because people exaggerate how many picks are usually open.
  16. NoMoreTLPs Journeyman

talk about missing the point

id go out on a limb and speculate that you're the type of person that uses petitions against people any time your feelings are hurt
  17. Lejaun Augur

Except the person involved has already come into this thread to talk about what happened and never reported them.
  18. NoMoreTLPs Journeyman

ok now we ahve some context

lesson here is dont play on TLPs
  19. Lejaun Augur

Did you make a new account to defend yourself or something?
    jeskola likes this.
  20. NoMoreTLPs Journeyman

oh no, well this is kind of a new account (i just made the forum name today, account has existed for some time)

I don't actively play on TLPs anymore, just came to do the Lord's work