EQ Logs into wrong account

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by sdeco, Mar 18, 2021.

1. sdeco Lorekeeper

Hi,

Like many folks I have multiple accounts (3) , all running from the same EQ directory. Today for some reason, even though I select account #2 from the drop down list of accounts, it always logs me in as account #3.

I'm sure there's some cache file or something I can delete to fix this, but The Googles have failed me.

Thanks!
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Click the X next to the account name on the launcher & it will remove it, you can then relog into the account & save by ticking the box.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and WeezFv like this.
  3. sdeco Lorekeeper

Tried that already, the "stuck" account name still appears on top of the launchpad even though it's not an option on the drop drown list. Tried switching accounts back and forth and still "stuck", weird ...
  4. Bandeko New Member

I’ve had friend see that problem crop up. We eventually deleted the eqlsPlayerData.ini file resolving that problem.
  5. sdeco Lorekeeper

Ah thanks, I'll try that
  6. sdeco Lorekeeper

Nope, still determined to log into that account
  7. sdeco Lorekeeper

All set, found some cache files w todays date, deleted them and all is well.
    tanith, Skuz and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Thanks for reporting this back to the thread. The fact that the issue is resolved is good. The fact that you thought enough of your community to share the resolution is GREAT.

:)
    Skuz likes this.