Beastlord, Shadowknight, Ranger

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Soulsiphon, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Soulsiphon Elder

Hey guys trying to get some insight on these 3 classes.
    The criteria would be listed below, this is from expansions Luclin through end game. Please if you have any knowledge on these classes, feel free to input.

Soloability. (Leveling, AA grinding, Dungeon Crawling, Named mobs)

Grouping. (how often are these classes needed)

Raiding. (which of the three have an easier time finding a raid spot)

Gearing. (which of the three require more gear for grouping,raiding,soloing)

Please feel free to comment on your knowledge of the classes. Thank you.
  2. Boze TLP complaint factory

Soloing: All three will do well compared to other classes. Ranger might be best at the moment, Beastlord is the best long-term soloer in my opinion.

Grouping: Tanks (SK) are always more likely to be needed.

Raiding: All three classes are really popular in this era. Long-term, SK probably the most useful for raid spots for offtanking, kiting, etc. Rangers can be kiting pros as well, though right now they're primarily just DPS. Beastlord's benefits to raids are slows (as a placeholder until shaman slow lands), buffs (fero / mana regen), and paragon; that doesn't change much.

Gearing: SK is going to need the most gearing to be effective. The extra AC boost from raid-gear is amazing on a tank class.
  3. TLP Addict Augur

Soloability. (Leveling, AA grinding, Dungeon Crawling, Named mobs)

SK is the best for all around solo out of those 3 imo. Tankiest of the lot, great self healing that also does dps, FD and both kinds of invis for getting around dungeons.

Grouping. None of the three classes should have any trouble finding groups, SK's are fantastic group tanks, Rangers make great pullers and DPS, Beastlords have lots of utility that groups enjoy. Pre Max level and archery AA Ranger would probably have the hardest time finding groups.

Raiding. Rangers are FoTM right now, one of the top DPS classes in Luclin until GoD. Beastlords are a support class on raids. SK's are super common and are often the first class that guilds decide to close recruitment for, they can offtank and kite but some more casual guilds see them as a drain on precious loot and will limit the total number.

Gear: SK is most gear dependent. Beastlords can be quite useful still with poor gear and Rangers can still do great DPS with just a high end bow (in PoP some really good bows are tradeable)
  4. Xazier Augur

People undervalue Beastlord capabilities. I've seen Beastlords solo things with group gear that even an SK has trouble with in raid gear. Both highly skilled players. Come GoD Beastlords will really start to shine, and SoD they will start being dps monsters.
  5. Zinth Augur

then it was most likely a crap SK ya saw, they are nuts when played well
  6. Ranger1985 New Member

All three are good, just very different playstyles. I think ranger and bl are less played in the post pop eras which makes finding raids and gear easier but it isn't a huge consideration.

I would pick whichever has the toolkit that sounds most fun to you.

Sk is a great group tank and great raid off tank, Ranger is top tier dps for luclin and pop and high mid tier dps after that, bl is a buff support class for a long time and won't parse often. Ranger and Bl are both respectable tanks for alot of group content too with raid gear.
  7. Jakuk Lorekeeper

I agree, but at the same time I agree with Xazier as well Beastlords that are played well are about as equal as a well played SK. SK is sturdier and has slightly more damage but not by much. Beastlords can tank or pet tank and with a good EM focus and good weapons, that Beastlord is near god lvl.