How does one catch up to live?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by OliverQ, Mar 5, 2021.

1. OliverQ Elder

I have a TLP character on Selo that's just now reaching Live. But I stopped playing the character in Omens of War at level 70.

Is it basically impossible to catch up from that point? I imagine there are zero people leveling and I have 45 levels to catch up on.

How would I go about doing that?
  2. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I think how fast depends on class and/or friends to help. Shortcuts, heroic to get to 85, some xp from Overseer. AA can be autogranted all the way to Ring of Scale expansion, maybe one more past that now.

I have done the run from 68 to 100 entirely solo but as a necromancer and without heroic, autogrant, overseer. I enjoyed it but I enjoy doing the tasks and quests so it was kind of just happening as I explored all the content I missed.

If you have higher level guildmates I am sure they could toss in some assistance every now and then. I'm not too familiar with PL strategies.
  3. bomodo New Member

in firiona vie you level 50 % faster than any other servers .

and once level 85 do the overseer , when you got your agent @ rank 4 or so it will help you a lot to gain xp,

i had a chanter lv 101 that i was not playing anymore , i got him to level 115 in several months, only from overseer, getting from 10 to 14 % reg xp per day.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

What class? That will affect the answer a lot. Some classes, no problem. Others, may require either boxing, working hard to find someone to regularly group with, or exploring other options (re-rolling, moving server, etc).

If you have Overseer up to speed (max mission levels, most agents, etc), you can do at least 10% of a level/day, in addition to whatever you make through regular means. Then, don't forget about hot zones, Teek quests in said hot zones, using Lesson every day, etc. Lots of ways to help speed things up.

Also, you ONLY have to level, since you can stay current with AAs by using auto-grant. That helps speed things up, too.

Edit: Just realized you said level 70, so no Overseer til you're 85.
  5. Windance Augur

It depends on what you want.

If you are looking to raid, you may be able to get a fair bit of help catching up if you are playing a class that folks need.

if you are looking to just play the group game, there are a few guilds that tend to take new or returning players.

It is certainly not impossible to catch up, but, it will take some effort to reach out and meet people, or play solo and take longer.
  6. OliverQ Elder

Cleric =/
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

The best way to catch up is to keep an eye out for someone higher level than you doing something closer to your level like hunter ACH or swarming for loot. They aren't getting XP so they don't mind someone tagging along. Another option is to tag along with someone (or 2 people) who are working on something not XP related, like old progression, that they don't mind someone in the group.

For molo as a cleric, use a rogue merc and get a high level mage DS.

Otherwise, it's heroic, PL or patience.

Also, you have been on TLP. Non-premium servers are free to play. You are at a late level to be starting a box, but I often suggest it to returning players. Having slow is a big advantage. A free BST/SHM/ENC can slow just as well as a paid one. Same thing with snares and etc. Boxing isn't for everyone, but simply using one key on the box (/assist /cast tashORmalo /cast slow) has very minimal impact on your play and can make a big difference. And you get an extra box too. At your level, this may slow you down more than help, but it is something to consider.
  8. code-zero Augur

With a cleric you can tank and slay undead pretty well for quite a while from 70. Try to catch up on various achievements and progression. Also if you're good at being a cleric you will likely be able to put together groups as well
  9. KrakenReality Augur

Honestly, I wouldn't bother trying to catchup.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

As Vumad said, get a rogue merc, try to get a good DS cast on it, and heal him while he DPS's. It's not an optimal molo situation, but it should let you level fairly quickly.

Combine with hot zones and Teek quests.
  11. KrakenReality Augur

If, they go that route they’ll never catch up on gear. You have to do the HAs to keep up with gear.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I never needed to.

There are many ways to catch up in gear. Especially as a non-tanking class.

Unless, of course, the server has a non-functioning Bazaar.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Just time investment.
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Flatchy Court Jester

Its just like in life, no matter how rich you are there is always gonna be someone richer. Like yepmetoo said just enjoy the voyage. Its Everquest your never gonna see the final destination anyway.