Gelidalin Stormsinger won't give me the Bane Bound Quest (RoS)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Agrun, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Agrun Apprentice

I am trying to get the first Veeshan's Peak partisan quest from Gelidalin Stormsinger, but he will not give it to me. I keep getting a red hint message that I need to talk to Praetor Maestra, Praetor Noctis Trayer or Praetor Noctis Torg. Also a say message from Gelidalin that says perhaps Praetor Noctis Trayer has something for me.
    I previously did all the partisan tasks from all three of those Praetor quest givers.
    All of my Ring of Scale mercenary and partisan achievements are checked as completed, with the exception of the three Veeshan's Peak partisan tasks. I had just completed the three Veeshan's Peak mercenary quests successfully in the same play session.
    I'm not sure what I am missing.
    I even went back to all three of those Praetor mobs and went through the text to see what missions they offer me. All missions were offered as choices to select. That tells me that those mobs know I did all but the last mission, since they would not offer me the last mission if the prior ones were not completed. I am relying on my achievement checkmarks to confirm that the last mission in those chains were completed. The checkmarks indicate that they are.
    I'm hoping someone else has run into this situation and can offer some guidance on how to get past this impasse. Or maybe this is a bug.
    Note, I have not done the Veeshan's Peak key quest, but the zone is open now and the key is not required to enter. I had no problems getting in to do the mercenary quests or just going in to do hunter or collection work. Could not having the Scaled Key quest done impact Gelidalin giving me the partisan quests?
    Any help is appreciated.
  2. Duder Augur

Give it a go, let us know! ;) I do imagine this is the issue though.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  3. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

edit: misunderstood at first.

I agree with Duder, chances are the RoS version of the VP key quest is required for "progression" but not entry.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

You might want to PM a dev and ask if it was intended that the Scaled Key quest line is required for Partisan in VP ... if you want a final answer.

But thanks for letting me know that VP was open now (I somehow missed the fact).

And in case you were wondering ... no level limit for VP. Level 1s zone in fine. Basks are still KoS so you need invis to roam fully around though...
  5. Agrun Apprentice

Thanks for the feedback. I will do the key quest and report back the results.
    Might take a bit, since I am starting from scratch on obtaining the pieces.
    Duder likes this.
  6. Agrun Apprentice

I completed the Scaled Key quest on one of my characters, and then that character was able to receive the Bane Bound partisan quest from Gelidalin Stormsinger.
    So, it appears that the Scaled Key quest must have to be completed by the requestor of the Veeshan's Peak partisan missions for Gelidalin Stormsinger to grant them the quest even when Veeshan's Peak key requirement has been removed.
    Not sure if that is a bug or intended. If it is intended, it would be nice if Gelidalin would refer you to High Praetor Yerlin instead of Praetor Noctis Traeyor when refusing to grant the quest.
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

It's intended, zone in unlock has never granted the progression or the flag, so things that explicitly rely on that still need it. Look at PoP, you can zone in everywhere but still have to run all the progression bits for the era items that check for the flags.