Aaryonar: Maximum Echo Achievement Impossible to tank with Shadowknight?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by AristotleTZ, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Cadman Elder

Tank in the banish aura makes the most sense, no? Make sure Aary is below 97% and tank just gets summoned back
  2. Drogba Augur

It works, but I prefer the tank to not be taking that extra damage, which in turn can provoke them to dps the boss more/deplete more mana.
  3. josh Augur

The debuff from the ice aura protects you from aary's frontal ae, revoking breath and roaring sleet. Yes you do still get hit by the ae from having been in the ice aura, but that is less frequent than aary's frontal. The pull isn't really anything since you can just stay there the whole time anyway.

Echo of Sleet I
    21: Block Next Matching Spell
    22: Limit Spell: Roar of Sleet
    23: Limit Spell: Revoking Breath

Pull of Sleet
    Slot 21 Decrease Current Hit Points by 225225 per Tick
    Slot 22 Decrease Current Mana by 6500 per Tick (v417)
    Slot 23:Gradual Pull to 0 Units Away (Force=400) up to Your Level

Revoking Breath
    Slot 21 Decrease Current Hit Points by 220220 per Tick
    Slot 22 Decrease Current Mana by 5500 per Tick (v417)
    Slot 23 Decrease Attack by 3000

Roar of Sleet
    Slot 21 Decrease Current Hit Points by 290290 per Tick
  4. Lisard Silly

we used a paladin and tanked aary in the fire aura. /shrug
    Strumph likes this.
  5. cadres Augur

Been in several SK groups that have tanked this - sometimes with difficulty, but always got there in the end. Not all were fully raid geared. I believe all used glyph (as did rest of group)
  6. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I can also confirm that SKs can tank this just fine (granted I am ToV raid geared). Only tap when you need to, and if Aary gets below 70% or so, let your healer know you won't be tapping anymore and start running your discs instead.

Also, get a Shaman to cast Thorn Wilting on you before going in so your damage shields aren't an issue. Or just bring the Shaman with for extra healing.

If you don't have it, I'd suggest picking up the Horn of Unity next anniversary. It's not a lot anymore, but it's free extra mana to help with the drains.
    Strumph likes this.
  7. Mazame Augur

Keep in my to have the earth trap drop the trap in range of your taps . you can target it and spam your taps to help heal as well with out damaging Aary.
  8. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Forgot to mention that I take the Ice aura when tanking on my SK. Stand against the rock where it spawns and the pull effect doesn't move you so you can keep Aary positioned in one spot easily.