Feerott: the dream (crazy hard?)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by DaMike, Feb 13, 2021.

1. DaMike New Member

Hi all!

So I came back recently, made a warrior again and bought a 85 HC upgrade. Got a nice journeyman cleric (yes I am subscribed) and ventured in this zone to do the quest they give you. So I know how to play, set up my UI, buttoned my disciplines and AAX and set out into the zone.

Just to be destroyed, no violated by every little blue mob out there. Wolves, spiders, the lizardmen they all hit for crazy amount of damage and the blue snakes in the river are literally raid bosses.

If I press everything I have I can maybe kill one, but a normal fight the cleric can not keep me up and heaven forbid if you get a second mob. With this gameplay you run out of endurance in no time, btw.

Is this a joke? Is this zone buggy? Is this deemed a nice welcome back play experience?

A stupid little wolf in this zone hits a warrior in the gear they give you for 4k twice medium.

Am I missing something?
    Grindinnewguy likes this.
  2. Iuwene Augur

Ferrott after the initial quest to upgrade your merc can be quite challenging to a melee. Some classes have it easier there.
    Try to get high end buffs in PoK, especially that 5k+ damage shield. Will help a lot.

Or do what I recommend to new heroic chars: Go back to SoD expansion and do the first two themes there (Ocean green village and Bloody Kithicor) to get some levels. Then return to HoT.
    Qimble likes this.
  3. kookoo Augur

heroic armors could have the TBM armors stats at level 85 , you pay for a character boost and they got weak armors.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, this has been a complaint from day 1 of Heroic upgrades.

First off did you get your J5 merc? As a paid account this should be your first priority. Its already in your quest window. If you cannot solo it then ask for help in chat and I am sure someone can help out. It only takes about 10 minutes.

There are some snakes that con "easy to kill" over by the guys in black robes. Or you can follow the camp fires for a safe path to House itself and right inside the zone gate there is a little guy that will give you quests to kill those snakes and rotdogs hanging around. Might be a little easier and it will build your faction so you can get the spells etc in that zone.

As a guide you want to get all those unique Heroic augs as soon as possible - those will help your survival rate. There are 19 or 20 of them just for Heroic characters.

This has got some great tips in it, and doesn't take long to read
    https://www.paullynch.org/eqguide/guides/heroic-characters/

EOK is like this also, stuff in FM (the next zone) is easier to kill than the starting zone, Lcea.
    Grindinnewguy likes this.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Heroic character templates are like 8 years old now. They were never meant to allow you to solo even in Feerott, which was a GROUP zone balanced for level 80-90.

As a paladin with max aa, max raid gear, soloing there at 85 before leveling (remember, HoT was a level increase expansion to level 90), it could be rough on a spider, for example, soloing ghost frogs or zombies with a merc healer could overwhelm me. It wasn't really dangerous, but I did die there sometimes.

Getting a couple levels in makes a huge difference, getting ac augs another big difference.