Droppable vs Crafted - Next Expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zurril, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I like this idea a lot, I dislike making something and not knowing if it is going to have high or low luck, at least if it is dropped in raid I get to choose how much I am willing to pay for X amount of luck.

It would also be nice to be able to make returning players and raid apps none vis TS stuff (you know the stuff that doesn't drop much) to help them catch up. Rings and earrings were rare for us last expansion, which wasn't helped by the need for 2 of each for a lot of people.
  2. Windance Augur

You touched on one of the things I hate about the luck system. If you truly want to maximize your luck then you need to have twice as much gear dropping as needed so you can fuse the luck pieces.

If they plan to scale back gear drop rates then maybe they need to also consider a different method for improving an items luck.

I've only upgraded the luck on a couple pieces of non raid gear and decided it wasn't worth the effort, and there is no way I'm spending extra DKP to get raid drops just to boost luck.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Ring of Scale model for trade skill armor best model.

Requiring returning players to need a no drop item to make "trade able" gear was not a particularly friendly change to casual players - the largest part of the EQ player base.
    Yinla, Barraind, Bigstomp and 2 others like this.
  4. Yimin Augur

!d rather see the TS raid item drop to turn my TS item into a raid item ! And yes i mean as a ubber rare zone wide drop ....

YiMin
  5. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

I like the current system since it appreciates all the work that went into getting tradeskills to maximum (while I still would love all tradeskills opened for all races and classes). The ore-drops could be a bit more numberous but I guess the farming-frenzy during the first month cost all goodwill...
    Now I read in this thread that raiders hate it and raiders wouldn't spend time on tradeskills etc. Dear raiders, why not befriend some tradeskillers who create the containers for you while you "only" have to collect the drops for no-fail combines?
    My personal suggestion would be adding another set of TS-armor that would be a bit better than the tier 1-armor of an expansion but doesn't create a container (like conflagrant stuff), just needs heavy trash farming and has some feisty difficulties.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Welcome new member.
    If you disagree with a particular post its always recommended to reply to that post so you have some context. Raiders are not all against TS's as you seem to imply. I think its just that one person that said it, which is why its good to reply to him directly.
    Yinla likes this.