Epic 3.0 ideas

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cileos, Jan 19, 2021.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

2. Litefighter Lorekeeper

Epic weapons. There was a day when they were prized, cherished, caused drama, jealousy, brought people together. I think everyone has some emotional connection to epic weapons.

I am curious as to how much effort would it take on the dev side to bring them back for the next expansion. Would be cool to have some in depth rich story and some quests, events raid or group.

But in reality it is most likely not going to happen. However how much effort would it take to adding in one or two quests?

Player has epic 2.0, completes Champion, Challenger, Paragon of xxx (next expansion) receives an item to combine, hand in etc to receive a upgraded Epic.

With appropriate stats and focus effects (And clicks) for current content + 5-10 levels.
    Can have 2 versions one for group content one for raid.
  3. Jennre Band Leader

Well, that wouldn't be very epic.

I guess it depends if you are only after the item upgrade or if you are after the "epic" experience of following a story from one end of Norrath to the next (epic).
  4. KrakenReality Augur

5. Dre. Altoholic

50 ct bag of Gold tokens on loyalty merchant yet?
  6. Sokon Augur

If they ever did anything more in the Epic realm. I'd like it to be an ornamentation, the only ornamentation to ever be put in game that had stats. I'm not talking about epic retellings that was just an orny. It could even have some base damage, herroics etc. Either way, making epics as ornamentations would maintain their value forever. When their click is no longer that great, won't matter much, you could still benefit from some stats and a focus effect if they were ornaments.

Epic Ornaments, vice ornaments of epics.

Tons and tons of work put in for a weapon that's only the best ratio for an expansion or 2 doesn't make any sense to me. Either aug slot 3 or ornamentation with stats would make a lot more sense and worthy of a little time but nothing compared to what epic 3.0s would entail.

But then again, if Everquest 2 never happened, and especially EQ landmark, think about all the resources what would have been put in to this game over the years that were otherwise wasted elsewhere. We'd probably have epic 10.0s by now.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I could get behind an Epic upgrade that ties in to Hero's Journey achievements. Also requiring Epic 2.5 and Epic Ornamentation tasks to be completed. This could be a pre-quest to the next expansion allowing people the next 10 months to get it done. Then a common questline that diverges for the final fights (group or raid instances) to finish the "Epic Upgrade".

Would be one additional quest line (presumably with some TS mixed in) to normal progression tasks, plus 16 final instances unique to each class.

Could also maybe make a simpler version if you have completed Artisan's Prize and the ToV earring or skip the epic TS altogether by "showing" the earring to the NPC. Leaving the group/raid portions.

This would simplify the quest side. Leaving the 16 individual itemization and effects to be figured out. I would love to see effects that would be either 1) Timeless: Necro, Cleric, SK 2) Upgradable via progression.