new mount

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by strongbus, Feb 7, 2021.

1. strongbus Augur

any chance of in the future we could get a mount that would work under water. Say maybe a mount that is some form of sea life and can only be used under water?
  2. Froglok Augur

Interesting idea...

Mounts seem to be coded to go poof when you enter water, so they would first have to code around that.

I wonder how a character look riding something underwater? Would they simply sit on it like a regular horse above water? Or would they be vertical as they hold on to the reins?

But what could they ride? Sharks have fins, so it would be hard to saddle those. Octopi & Squid wouldn't work. Other fish and snakes would be too small. Saddling up 2-legged underwater races like Hraquis & Mermaids is out of the question.

Looks like the best and only bet might be a turtle, but that would seem a bit oversized / awkward to ride.

Maybe a gnomish device similar to the Whirligig, but modified to look more like self-propelled scuba gear-backpack? Since players can basically run as fast as mounts these days with the right AA's and buffs, the real benefit is the regen. So, maybe the "mount" buff would include the faster regeneration and not necessarily coded as a mount (so it doesn't poof underwater).
  3. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I think a shark mount would work, you would just sit behind the fins more on it's back. Maybe a Seahorse mount?
    Coagagin likes this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

5. Sissruukk Rogue One

6. Windance Augur

Not that I want to encourage any underwater adventuring because ... it sucks.

1 - Sea horse is probably #1 pick that makes sense.
    2 - Seal/Otters might make good land/sea mounts
    3 - Jelly fish!
    4 - Coirnav - The avatar of water !
    5 - Epic Mount = Cthulhu !
  7. Febb Augur

It would probably be easier to give you an illusion of some kind of underwater creature that has a high movement speed.
    Skuz and minimind like this.
  8. strongbus Augur

These all sound good

But for number 5.

While it be awesome to have Cthulhu as a mount. I rather have him as a pet. that be some uber pet dps.
  9. Evye Augur

WTB CAMEL MOUNT STILL

Though a hippo mount would work perfect underwater since they just hit the bottom and keep running
    OldCa61 likes this.
  10. minimind The Village Idiot

Is there a precedent for underwater gnomish creations?
  11. Coagagin Guild house cat

An electric eel with built in DS would be worthwhile. Any needlefish, pike, barracuda, et. al. would also work due to the length as long as it doesn't involve ship to ship combat or any more under water zones.

I'll wait for the "shocking" eel jokes in the other room, thanks.

- Coag
  12. bomodo New Member

would be nice to have an underwater mount that we could use to get mana / end faster .

but many avoid water area's.

but the one i am looking for since several year's ..............

raptor saddle pls , would buy 4 or 5 , was in game several years ago , many asking me where i got mine , i told them they removed it several years ago, , possible to add it in the market place for a few pls.

[IMG]
  13. Flatchy Court Jester

Make a Heroic character you will get a free raptor saddle with it. May not be that color but its a raptor.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Underwater mount? Porpoise or Orca would be cool, or a seahorse.
    minimind likes this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

from 1:35