overseer failure rate post january patch

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by mewkus, Feb 2, 2021.

1. mewkus Augur

Since the January patch, my failure rate on overseer quests has become abominable. Previously, I would get one or two failures per month. Since the patch, I rarely go five quests without at least one failure. It's disappointing watching the success chance display 91 or 92 percent while waiting for results back from the server only to end up either failing or critical failing.

Was there something in the last patch that wonked up the success rate? In server chat, others have mentioned similar effects.
    Kilzadi likes this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I haven't seen any appreciable difference in fail rates since the patch versus prior to it myself & I use overseer every day.
    Nniki likes this.
  3. smash Augur

Agree with Skuz, nothing out of the ordinare
  4. Jokskilove Palzerker

When looking at my overall statistics, my failure rate is very small (1-2%, maybe). When I do the quests, they're mostly anywhere between 75 and 95%, with most of them being above 90. If anything, I have less failures than the success rates should lead me to believe.
  5. dreadlord Augur

Almost no failure rate here (I don't pay to finish early - there was an hypothesis awhile back that there were more fails with early completion). The % success rate seems to have no bearing on anything much. Just did a 96% success rate where every single agent was incapaciated. I'm seeing over the last week or 2, a lot more incapacitations - not sure if that's just a run of bad luck on the RNG or if something else is going on
  6. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

I had ZERO failures prior to the update. Now I'm getting 1-2 every week.

I went from something like: 400 complete, 0 Failures to 450 complete 6 failures.
  7. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

I was always trying to get 80+% Success rate and while I'd have some people incapacitated etc, I never Failed.

So maybe it was bugged before? I'm not sure.
  8. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I think it was bugged before, might still be. The only time I failed before January was if the success rate was under 70%. Currently if I'm over 80% I never fail, but on rare occasion I'll fail one in the 70-79 range.