Grip of Zorglim and Roar of Thunder conflict

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kezik, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Kezik Lorekeeper

The necro dot Grip of Zorglim
    Grip of Zorglim Rk. III

Necromancer (111)

Slot 1: Increase Disease Counter by 22
    Slot 2: Decrease Strength by 213
    Slot 3: Decrease Armor Class by 32 to 42, Based on Class
    Slot 4: Decrease Current Hit Points by 7230 per Tick

and the beastlord ability Roar of Thunder
    Roar of Thunder XXIII

Beastlord (AA)

Slot 1: Decrease Current Hit Points by 40000
    Slot 2: Decrease Strength by 300
    Slot 3: Decrease Dexterity by 300
    Slot 4: Decrease Agility by 300

do not stack on a mob. The RoT blocks Grip from landing on a mob and /or overwrites it due to the slot 2 strength debuff. Could this be fixed by either removing the strength debuff from Grip or removing beastlords from the game. Whatever is easiest is good with me. J/K love beasts but please fix it lol.
    Duder, Maedhros and Raccoo like this.
  2. Szilent Augur

I suspect solving the bst problem wouldn't be a complete fix from your perspective as other necros' Grips also don't stack. The…solution(?) would be to have the dot damage not be on Grip, so that you wouldn't care about losing dps when your debuff spell doesn't stick.
    Leigo and Duder like this.
  3. Kezik Lorekeeper

Grip does stack with other Necros Grips, and I would prefer they removed the debuff entirely from the dot . But I suspect you knew that.
    menown likes this.
  4. Szilent Augur

oo, if Grips stack because they deal damage, then the solution is to add dot damage to Roar :)
    Kezik likes this.
  5. Leigo You come here often?

Personally I'd rather they remove the debuff portion of Roar and reduce the CD.. being our big de-aggro ability, I'd rather it not be dependent on debuff slots
    Swiss, Kaenneth, menown and 1 other person like this.
  6. Maedhros High King

Yes please remove or adjust the str debuff conflict so I can stop hearing from whiney necros complaining that one of their 20 dots doesnt stack and they can only do 1.5mil dps on a raid instead of the 1.55 they would prefer!
  7. Silu Elder

This conflict also impacts the Shadowknight Dire line of DoTs, so you have SK Dire line of DoTs, the Necro Grip line of DoTs and the Beastlord Roar AA in conflict. Beastlord Roar AA > SK Dire > Necro Grip based on Slot 2.

Spell: Dire Convulsion Rk. III
    1: Increase Disease Counter by 28
    2: Decrease STR by 232
    3: Decrease AC by 85
    4: Decrease Hitpoints by 7483 per tick. Max: 7483 per tick
    menown likes this.
  8. menown Augur

A 4th line that uses slot 2 for a str debuff and gets blocked is the rogue's "Spire of the Rake" proc called "Rake's Weakening".

Spire of the Rake XV
    Rogue (AA)
    9: Add Melee Proc: Rake's Weakening V with 100% Rate Mod

Rake's Weakening V
    Rogue (AA)
    1: Decrease Chance to Hit by 25%
    2: Decrease STR by 80
    3: Decrease Attack by 100
    Silu likes this.
  9. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

How much effect does the STR debuff have?
  10. Poote Lorekeeper

This was just explained to me and it's F-ing STUPID, good job Dev team (/sarcasm)

It's a needs of the many thing. If your raiding guild packs 2+ Necros. It's the Danvid's Grip of Decay combo spell that casts Grip of Zorglim and Danvid's Decay. The cause as stated above is the "Slot 2: Decrease Str by 300 for 1 minute" on my Bsts Roar that blocks the Grip of Zorglim so it blocks the entire Combo spell.

So i have to rely on possum not failing, instead of the 130k agro reduction of Thunder that if done right i use twice per event.