everquest membership tab

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Free2Play1999, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Free2Play1999 Lorekeeper

Hello,
    Other than the obvious answer of becoming full access, is there a google chrome tab blocker or some other way to stop the https://www.everquest.com/membership screen from coming up every time I log out.
    I understand, it's not the end of the world for it to pop up, it just bothers me when pop up tabs happen and I can't remove them.

Thanks.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

nope no way to stop it. other than go paid

Both of those pop ups are hard coded
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The pop-ups bothering you is their purpose, therefore they are working as intended and nobody should give you any means to stop them.
  4. Free2Play1999 Lorekeeper

Sure, like I said, it isn't the end of the world. And, the ingame popup doesn't bother me. That makes sense. I also listen to spotify and I get commercials while listening to that because it is free.
    They have to make money somehow. But, my thought is the chrome tab opening is outside of the game and I have already logged out. It doesn't seem right that popups for games or applications can happen while outside of the app.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Camp in a zone where fast camp is enabled (you get a yes in the countdown box) like guild halls, neighborhoods, PoK, guild lobby and bazaar (probably some others too).

If you hit yes, you will go to character select and no web browser popup will appear.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

7. Free2Play1999 Lorekeeper

Thank you both very much for your suggestions.
    I installed Blocksite and I am giving it a try. It seems to still try to open the membership site but now it opens up a tab to my IP address instead.
    So, a tab still opens, but at least it isn't going anywhere.