Where to I get my pet?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Hagbeth, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Hagbeth New Member

I’m new to the game and have a level 10 magician. I don’t know how I obtain my pet? Not the Merc, the class pet I’ve read about, like Earth and Water. I have no idea where to get one.
    I also only have one offensive spell and one defensive. Am I supposed to buy spells from the vendor in Crescent Reach Near the Guild master? If so, how do I know which ones to get?
    Thank you
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Go to Plane of Knowledge. To get there, zone out of Crescent Reach into Blightfire Moors, and then from there use the book to zone into Plane of Knowledge. You can use the Find menu to locate these zones (press Ctrl+F) and also your map (press M or possibly backspace by default).

Once you're in Plane of Knowledge, use Ctrl+F again to bring up your Find menu. Look for magician spell vendors on the list, like this:

[IMG]

Select the one I have highlighted there for level 1-25 spells. It will give you a visible path to the vendor. The spell vendor in Crescent Reach probably has most of the same spells, if not all of the same. But PoK is guaranteed to have all of them until you get to a much higher level.

As for which spells to buy, the low level spells are very inexpensive. I typically just buy all of them, even on new un-twinked characters. There's not really anything else to be spending your money on that early on. If you do find yourself running into money issues buying spells, focus on the pets and the nukes.
    Hagbeth and Mary Poppins like this.
  3. Mary Poppins Augur

Welcome to the game!

First of all, the biggest mistake you made was rolling a mage (ew). You should have rolled a wizard. Wizards are sexy. Mages (ew) are just weak wannabe-wizards that make their pets do all the work. But everyone makes mistakes, so don’t worry about it.

To answer your actual question - yes, you would get your spells early on from the vendors near your guild master. The mage (ew) spell seller dude in crescent reach is Giddori and he is in the same tent thing as the mage (ew) guild master. As far as which ones to get... I’m not a mage (ew), so I can’t really give you good advice. I’d just get all the mage (ew) ones up to your current level (and the next level or two if you have bag space) since they’re relatively cheap anyway.

There’s a little check box on the vendor to show only stuff you can use, and then you can right-click on the different spells to see the information about it (such as what level the spell is, what class can use it, what it does, etc.).

Good luck in your journeys.

EDIT: Might want to listen to Xyroff since he’s a mage (ew) and I barely play the game anymore.
    Hagbeth and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

LOL don't worry, Xyroff is just a retired necro. I'd never listen to a mage either.
    Hagbeth and Mary Poppins like this.
  5. Hagbeth New Member

Thank you so much! Very helpful, :) Does the Vendor sell the pets as well?
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Yes, the pets are summoned via spell scrolls that you buy from the vendor. For example at level 10, you can buy Spell: Elemental Water which summons your level 10 water pet.

Don't forget you will also need Malachite, a cheap gem reagent. Each pet you summon will consume one Malachite. You can buy Malachite from any of these vendors in Plane of Knowledge, all of which are on the Find menu via Ctrl+F:

Jeweler Nonny
    Darius Gandril
    Audri Deepfacet
    Kirem Deepfacet
    Hagbeth likes this.
  7. Hagbeth New Member

Brilliant- thank you! Now I got all I need to get on my way! :)