ice bound ulthork buff should be permanent

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by bortage, Dec 25, 2020.

1. bortage spammin lifetaps

this is basically the jann's veil of cov and the illusion benefit from that is permanent, shouldn't the buff from the cov ulthork pet be permanent too?
    Petalonyx likes this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It is more along the lines of the Emperor Ganak familiar buff.

Not as significant as Jann's Veil buff but I think most people wouldn't be opposed to permanent familiar buffs.
    Yinla and Sissruukk like this.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I like where this is going.

What about adding a check box to the familiar keyring: "Make buff permanent?"

This would increase revenue via a QOL enhancement. Win/Win
  4. Warpeace Augur

Why because it one more thing you Have to click before getting back to medding or killing? It should become one of the passive AA after you have earned it, lets evolve and not try and stay archaic.
  5. Petalonyx Augur

Agreed. Should be perm!
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Chill. lol. Did you understand my response? I said most wouldn't be opposed. I'm qualifying my response because there could be some sort of coding issue that precludes a permanent buff that I'm sure someone will bring up where I don't want to be beholden to an absolute statement.

Edit: It has also occurred to me that some familiars have procs (Venomous Raptor, Walking Death, Mystical Scrykin). I wonder aloud if a permanent buff could end up disabling their abilities.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Sissruukk like this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Some familiars stack others don't, if it is going to mess up using other familiars I'd rather they left it as it is.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.