Looking for more on Coirnav Late late night

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ebine, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Ebine Augur

Its getting lonely on Coirnav late night after around 1am or so. Anyone else having same issue.
    Need more to group with.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Coirnav is doomed, it had a bad start, and has declined at an even greater rate than is typical for TLP as a result of that.

I can empathise with your situation, my own server is below 100players at even peak hours now, but mine likely has a good chance to hit live with 3 guilds actively raiding while Coirnav does not stand a chance.

I cannot think of any reason for anyone to roll on Coirnav at this point unless they specifically want to play the expansions you are in/approaching right now & that audience is going to be slim to none.
    Best hope is your server & Ragefire are merged, but one or both severs would need ruleset changes for that to happen so it is highly unlikely, next best option is you get a free transfer to Phinigel, Selo or live servers.
  3. Davo The Bard

Coirnav is definitely a low population server ... but that's kinda a good thing ... most camps free most of the time, no kronolords, none of the issues associated with campstealers, training botters. hackers, warpers etc. Almost like having your own private EQ server :D. The downside is a definite lack of casual or pick up groups, but that is the same on all more mature servers

There are 3-4 raid guilds that play and raid everyday around the clock ... at 1am CST, I would have a chat to Eastern Coalition. They would play from around that time, are the no. 1 guild on the server .. and are a good bunch of guys.

Davo The Bard
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Machen New Member

This feels like it should have been a post 12 months ago.

Coirnavprogress.com shows less guilds finishing PoR than Fippy had, or any other TLP since then. 8 months since the last update. Yep, it's cooked.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

The Coirnav progress site had a few things happen to it,
    1. The updates weren't super timely
    2. For a long time after wow classic launched it actually directed to a wow guild website.
    3. By the time PoR launched there was just about no ow stuff to care about
    4. Around the same time Aradune and Riz launched so all of the "zomg world record" people left (actually most were long gone before but 4 younger tlps really put the nail in that coffin)

Once no one cares about racing, the site you used to use had been down for forever and you realize that recruitment is pointless because there is no new blood, you're just robbing Peter to pay Paul no one submitted to it anymore. There are still guilds clearing content, 2 in "prime time" and 1 very late night/ early morning (by North American standards).

But yeah, Coirnav probably in the worst shape of all the tlps. Selo and Miragul have fewer guilds (unclear on players) but they're both destined to hit Live this year whereas Coirnav has a lot longer to go. It will be interesting to see if the merges pre Aradune/Riz were to reserve the hardware for tlp 2020 what they end up doing for tlp 2021. Coirnav mught just just merged into something else. Or maybe they'll wait for Selo and Phinny to hit live first, merge them someplace and use those 2 servers for 2021 *shrug *
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Darkhain Elder

If you're playing after 7pm HKT (convert to your time zone), you can always join Eastern Coalition, that's our raid time on the week (5pm on WE) and where most people are active in the guild, we do have people playing earlier for grouping and such, just keep 8n mind we're mix of Asians/Aussies (most of it) based guild.

Also don't listen to Skuz, Selo are way below us in population, and phinigel almost like us, but way ahead in xpac, and I don't think they will fill your time zone needs.
  7. Ebine Augur

I like Coirnav actually. I was just looking for someone that needed a group in the middle of the night. I have a guild and we have completed every expansion in a timely manner. I 3 box and we have SoD coming up so actually I will be fine just EQ is a lot better with real people. I was real lucky the first time I played EQ. I had a static group for 4 years and then another static group for 5 years. Was a good run.
    The progress website is off and has been for a long time. There are three guilds right now completing the expansions in a timely manner.