Ornaments: How You Win EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allaris, Dec 3, 2020.

1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

That's some bad search skillz.

Last time my response to this was, "sigh".

Hint: They have plenty of things they could sell on the marketplace, but you get Overseer, and you'll like it.
  2. Cicelee Augur

LOL I thought you were someone else. I misread the name. Sorry. Guess I need laser vision or something now...
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

If you're like me you need 2.0 'readers' from the dollar store.
  4. Allaris New Member

Link the other numerous threads on making a weapon-to-ornament feature type item that a dev replied on please. I cant find them with dev replies. Thank you for your contribution to the thread.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

You have much to learn about Forum Quest.

If you want to illuminate yourself, you'll do a better search. If not you'll take my and other's word for it, because we know.

The request thread is as good as it gets. Most got in to Overseer, some may get into marketplace. Ngreth doesn't have a bunch of time to do it. With the new sale (of the company), and what the future holds, you're lucky to see what he's done so far.

If you sense some bitterness, it's there, because this has been discussed so many times.

I should have left it at ...Sigh?
  6. Tegila Augur

What of, instead, they just allowed all weapons to ALSO be ornaments? Just add a flag to them all. No more duplication. All's stats disappear upon insertion and the new weapon now lookslike the old. That's gotta be easier than doubling it(and besides, who wants to make ornaments out of defiants?)

Btw, you can already get ornaments of your epics, and I wouldn't recommend destroying the epics to do so via your suggestion. Can flag only certain weapons I stead of all too, or flaggem all then see which are most popular, then can sell THOSE as ornaments or add to oveseer
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

please no no, don't start again.

Every 'brilliant' idea you can think of has already been discussed many times.
  8. Allaris New Member

I have said many times that I cannot find where any devs addressed this and I asked you to link it and you refuse. Either these threads you refer to don't exist or they've been long since removed, as the one I can locate that is on topic is from over 2 years ago and has no replies from any devs on it. A lot has changed in 2 years, to include Player Studio closing. You're reasoning makes sense, and what you're saying about this with Ngreth is believable, I'm simply stating that all the evidence you're claiming is not there. Thanks for your reply, but maybe start with the information first next time, 'Your Great Illuminescence'.....
  9. Tegila Augur

On the subject of ornaments: there are more choices for cloth/leather wearers by almost tenfold due to robes. Why can't the robes be all/all? Or sell something like the original heroes forge ability, that allows plate/chain to use robes? Or start making some plate/chain robes idk, but it certainly sucks to see allllllll the robes out there and can't wear any of them(there was a bp in sanctum somnium iirc that was for plate/chain that WAS a robe though) it's not like casters can't use weapon and shield ornaments
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not possible as previously informed

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ons-into-ornaments.260530/page-2#post-3837912

Took all of 5 minutes to find on the board
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Anybody wanna chime in here on how this game goes?

More hints: Search for Ngreth, search for me the player studio guy, search for freakin' Ornament.

Or how about: search for whatever your next brilliant idea is. 'Flag as ornament' perhaps?

You're fail to find does not indicate it isn't there. When you find those threads, you'll find what happens to people who try and call me out as wrong on this. ;)
  12. Allaris New Member

THANK YOU for your 5 minutes! I'm not as seasoned as you guys at this obviously. This is exactly what I was looking for and I'll give it a read. I felt it was something worth bringing up and would be awesome, but I'll stick with the request threads as they come. Thanks again for your comment and the link.
  13. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

This has been suggested as well. Not sure if it would be easier or not but I'm pretty sure this idea was shot down as well.

It definitely exists, maybe look in the ornament request threads. There's been two rounds of those, the idea for a container to morph weapons has been brought up many many times. If you're dead set on seeing the quote dig some more, it definitely exists. I'm not about to spend the time digging it up for you and I'm sure Magnus isn't about to waste his time either as we both saw many discussions on these topics and the Dev replies to them.

Grab a Shade Silk Robe equip a robe ornament into it and then equip the robe. Hit any illusion that's not a playable race, swap back to your normal BP and drop the illusion. Viola any class can wear Robe Ornaments this way.
    MasterMagnus and Allaris like this.
  14. Allaris New Member

I was searching Ornament and going through the threads, as there were two pages. This one just linked to me didn't show up. It seems all this time you spent condescending could've been spent helping a fellow EQ'er, but I guess you're above that. Thanks again for your comments and replies, take care, and have a good holiday season. :)
  15. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

You don't know how many years ago, and for how many years we asked for this.

Their intractability on all these issues makes no sense when you look at it from the outside, but it is fact.

They have more Player Studio items in the game files for years that have never been put on the marketplace.

It takes virtually zero effort for them, the database entries to put them on the marketplace, everything else has already been done. They won't do it.
  16. Tegila Augur

Yes, but that's a pita. It's not something that sticks when you log or zone either like illusions do, so why not put it into the game as a feature? They've already done a lot of things that made THEIR work more difficult I'm, just to ease the tiniest extra effort by players, like making most clickies permabuff aas. Personally, that makes me think I still have buffs when almost all have worn off. They could sell the ability too, equipping robes, and then sell more robe ornaments. Or just change the tag on robes to be all/all and take the increased sales and be happy. The AncientSraeschian ornents go for big bank for those of us that got them and there wasn't even an ancient Robe(or I didn't get it when I got my other 7 sets).

They added an augs slot to every weapon and visible armor in the game, I don't think the flagging part would be difficult for the weapons. It wouldn't entail extra containers or any recipes. Maybe, sell it in marketplace five bucks per weapon, then write a script so each time a person does that it autogenerates an ornament. Not gonna be so many then. The ornament armor consolidators...are those all recipes? Same idea if it sells a box to combine in(not to mention they're ripping themselves off since the consolidators then ALSO make the entire set tradeable after being attuned.

Also, all these new suggestions may have been shot down in the past, but with new owners we could get more devs on the team. No reason not to keep things fresh.
    Allaris and MasterMagnus like this.
  17. Allaris New Member

Oh thats really good to know then! I kinda assumed what was out now was what we were going to get (aside from expansion ornaments), but if they have a bunch of stuff still unreleased my hopes aren't completely dashed. Thanks for that tidbit.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I do apologize. I don't actually play any longer. Griping and whining about them cancelling player studio is all I have left.

<bow>

Just don't doubt me in the future ;) (I kid)
    Allaris likes this.
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Here are my robes, in the game files for years now. But hey, hope springs eternal.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Icesy has some robes and house items in the same state. You may find a thread about that if you search right ;)
    Allaris likes this.
  20. Allaris New Member

I'd pay entirely too much for the Long Tartan.
    Tegila and MasterMagnus like this.