Fixed Internally Protective Confession not applying the melee guard on target's target.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Holyhops, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Holyhops Journeyman

Protective Confession's effect text states: "Gives the target's target a melee guard buff and a boon of healing." and while the heal is applied to the target's target, the melee guard buff is not and is always applied to the Paladin regardless of if the mob is not targeting the Paladin. I can see there is text for when the guard is cast on another player via: "Soandso has become inspired by a protective confession." so I assume the melee guard being applied to the target's target is it's intended functionality and it shouldn't always be going on the Paladin.

I have tried this with the target's target being in AND out of group and the melee guard buff always goes to just the Paladin, although the heal portion of the ability actually does go to the target's target. Was wondering if this was intended functionality and, if not, if it could possibly be fixed. :)
    niente and Wulfhere like this.
  2. GNOME_POWER Augur

3. Wulfhere Augur

This bug affects 2 ranks of this spell line:

85 Protective Confession Guard
    90 Protective Devotion Guard

They were both changed in Jan 2018 to behave this way. Higher level versions of these spells do not have this "bug".

01/17/2018 - Target changed from 'Single' to 'Self'
    01/17/2018 - Spell Range changed from '200' to '0'
    Holyhops and Riou like this.
  4. Holyhops Journeyman

Ahh, unfortunate, looks like I'll have to wait until VoA comes out on Ragefire to be throwing guards on other tanks. :) Thanks for this info!
  5. Wulfhere Augur

I don't think you should have to wait. It's still a bug and should be fixed/reverted.
  6. Holyhops Journeyman

Totally agree here, but from the sounds of it the change was intentional so I dont think itll be fixed yeah?
  7. Wulfhere Augur

I notice this is still not fixed.
  8. Ratalthor Developer

Is this issue still happening for anyone as of the latest update?
  9. Wulfhere Augur

I tested both the level 85 and level 90 spells, that were bugged, and they are both working as expected after this patch. The level 85 recourse is the only one of the line that is flagged paladin class in the spdat so it receives gear duration focus that is nice and cute, but only meaningful between pulls.

I think this issue is fixed. Thanks!