Bazaar Crooks

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Silentlyc, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

This has been explained many, many times but what's once more.

If you do not want every piece of your inventory to be a daily farm to re-stock you have to set prices so the Billionaires don't buy out your inventory. There are people on every server with literally Billions in plat. There is a player on Bristle that has an entire section of his Ogre mules that has easily paid my trader in the realm of $250m plat on his own. He buys my stuff, marks it up and throws it on his Ogre traders. He has so much money, all 3 dozen or so accounts are surely paid in Krono.
    Nennius likes this.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

If flippers are buying up your items that's just the free market at work. Raise your prices and they will either leave them there or lower their price to unload inventory.

There's nothing shady going on there.

But if you want to be kind to players just offer them to guildies or general chat.
    Herodotus and Nennius like this.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

You can make good money on resellers. If they keep buying you out just raise your price and you make more when they continue to buy you out. Keep raising price till they stop it and you know the limit. Then lower again to the last price they kept buying. Make plats!

Otoh, if your goal isnt to make plat but to help newbies then tell them to setup a buyer at a decent price and sell them what they need at something that you feel is right. That way resellers cant buy you out, and the newbies get what they need. If you think someone is abusing this then just dont sell to them.
  4. Celephane Augur

Majormer is an a**, I agree
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

That's not true. Many games are very new player friendly. The issue is the context.

Setting up a bazaar trader needs to be worth my time. Putting defiant gear to make 100pp is not worth my time. I don't care about the 100pp, not for the time it takes.

That is not the same as a new player. A person who asks in general chat a question about being a new player, how buffs work, etc, that evolves into a conversation, might result is receiving a full set of level appropriate buffs, some defiant armor, and some higher level to grow into and etc.

There is a difference between helping someone out and making money in the bazaar. The Bazaar is for making a profit to fund tradeskills, special mounts, etc. It's not an exercise in charity. Telling a new druid to come see my FTP druid so I can port them to every zone they need to go to to buy their port spells, that's not available in the bazaar.

Don't let impersonal aspects of the game lead you to believe people are not personable or charitable. They are two vastly different interfaces.
  6. Arctodus Elder

Bazaar on FV is the sickest thing to view ever.
  7. Herodotus Augur

I have seen many sick things in my life. Explain how this tops them all.
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I don't want to call out a player as it's against forum rules, but the name of the player I was speaking of rhymes with "ipay" :p
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Im curious too! sure the raid stuff can be expensive but nothing comes to me as super overpriced on stuff. Maybe ive been on fv to long used to be on the tribunal. Best free transfer ive ever done!

Andarriel
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Do you see the logical error in the highlighted text?

Just because someone lists something, doesn't mean it gets bought at that price. It may sit for ages.

EQ doesn't release Bazaar stats, so we just don't know. But to assume everything moves at the original list price is illogical.
    KarmaKitty and Nennius like this.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Of course they snatched them up your competition is this your first rodeo? Its how the baz works but just because they have them at jacked up prices doesnt mean they actually sell.

Andarriel
    Nennius likes this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

I have several items for sale on two traders ATM. I try to price to sell. Right now, I have some collectibles for sale at what are market prices. In a few of those cases, other traders have the same items priced at 10x my prices. If they want to buy my stuff and price it so high that no one will buy they are welcome to it. I will even say "Thank You" if they do. I can use the plat., and they have my permission to carry them forever at an absurd price.

I think some folks price things once and forget them. Also, there were folks who, in the past, were pricing things at really ridiculous prices as part of a RMT transaction. Well, that was the rumor anyway. I do well selling, even without a team of ogres. :)
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

God bless the mage tradeskill farmers that keep the economy moving.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

I don't see the problem. He's paying you what you are willing to sell the items for.
    If you don't want to sell it to him, mark it at at higher price.
    Andarriel and Celephane like this.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I remember I once asked a trader why he had water flasks/iron rations for sale for 2 mill pp. He said it was to make sure his trader was not eating the valuable statfood he also had for sale, he just assumed no-one would buy the water flasks/iron rations...

Sometimes they price stuff that high, because they are not for sale...

And sometime people really believe a collectible(easily obtained through overseer) is worth half a krono...:rolleyes:
    code-zero, Andarriel and Svann2 like this.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I really believe that the high priced collectibles (other than ToV, obviously) have been around since before Overseer, and they just never bothered to reprice them. I mean, any single collectible can be had for just one round of quests in Overseer.
  17. Ceiteag New Member

Just because the rations and water are in your trader satchel, you don't have to price them or add them to the bazaar. Just don't price it, and put it first in the first bag so your trader eats and drinks from that rather than the stuff you're selling
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

I have no food or drink on my bazaar mules. I see no adverse effect. In the past, that was different of course.
  19. Ceiteag New Member

That was my first thought, too, but he said the person he spoke to had other edibles for sale in his traders bag, so it made sense to put iron rations and water flasks to prevent the trader from eating his profits.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Ahh. Missed that. :)
    Ceiteag likes this.