Epic ideas

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by PakaAgunn, Nov 14, 2020.

1. PakaAgunn New Member

I'd just like to see more quests, have an expansion where you have to quest for gear throughout the last five expansion (CoV to EoK) maybe add KC or old Seb for s&g). Once you get all your gear you can do a hail that'll empower your epic 2.0 and turn it into an evolving item (epic aug required). As far as difficulty for an epic, I'd just make pieces random rare from each zone from those expansions (32 zones=32 epic drops needed) maybe have certain classes have a higher chance in a certain zones?). I mean the only real quest we get is the earring quest and that's locked behind achievements which is cool, I think that trade skill should play a big part in our next epic since we've been working our off for it. We'll get two years worth of quests and they get two years to work on content. Just a thought.
  2. Leigo You come here often?

Ngreth is super busy, so I got this..

No.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Bah. Say maybe. Crowdfund a boatload of cash for it and then cancel the whole thing with little explanation.
  4. Leigo You come here often?

I'm not on the payroll.. so "maybe" is above my pay grade.
  5. PakaAgunn New Member

Well I was thinking more of "how would the community like to get the next epic if it were ever confirmed in a future expansion?" Being vets and all I'd think they'd read these threads for ideas.
  6. Tour Augur

Unfortunately lack of ideas isn't the issue so much as lack of resources. Chase evolve items that require current / past ach is about as close to epic as we're likely to see. Even a unique item per class with a common / non-unique quest line would require a lot of time. So much time that new expansion content would be markedly limited if existent at all.
    Fanra and Celephane like this.
  7. Act of Valor The Newest Member

The developers stated in the past that it would take an entire expansion cycle for them to implement new epics for each class. Basically, we'd lose an expansion for a year. Considering we just lost two developers, I don't see new epics ever happening again. The closest we may get are like the Possessed Dreadstone weapons from Rain of Fear.
    Celephane likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

2 devs? Prathun and ?????
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Prathun, Narlee & Froo left Darkpaw sometime around July.

As for Epics, Ngreth literally asked on the forum if we would be willing to sacrifice an expansion in order to have Epic quests for all the classes because the amount of work involved to create them is about the equivalent of what goes into the expansions lately (which also serves as an unintentional acknowledgement of just how small the expansions are now vs the old ones).

Unless EverQuest has a large amount of growth in player numbers over the next few years there isn't any reasonable way to expect epics ever happening again, as hard as it is to accept this dev team is too small to do them now and still put a small & largely copy-pasted expansion out. We somewhat unfortunately need to be grateful we even get that much.

It could happen though, I mean Runescape did exactly that, albeit their game has a really stripped down UI so it can work on mobile quite easy.

I think an Android/iOS version of Classic EverQuest could probably do very well & inject cash into the franchise.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

There are new devs that have come on since they left.

New epics? Meh... the new "epics" are in the form of the evolving gear we get that lasts multiple expansions. Single class epics didn't work all that well in the past tbh, some are still must have now. Others were obsolete an expansion or two later (just like evolving items are now).
    Yinla likes this.