Token of Challenged Resurrection

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wade_watts, Nov 4, 2020.

1. wade_watts Augur

Hey DPG - How about we make these available in the Marketplace to buy? Seems like a wonderful service and profit generating venture.

Thanks!
  2. Siah Elder

Would take away from the cleric's ability to rez, which is one the the best aspects of there class. Yes, they are the best healers... But if you make rez available to anyone who wants to open there wallet, especially on TLP's, it will just make the game even easier after all they've already done. But hey, that's just my thoughts on it.
  3. Riddish Lorekeeper

But paladins can resurrect, and later on TLPs so can druids and shamans. Even necromancer get a resurrection with an essence emerald. I have a paladin and a cleric and I do not feel threatened by having an 85% resurrection available from the daybreak store.
  4. wade_watts Augur

Yeah. You think nobody gonna want clerics all of the sudden?
  5. Siah Elder

No.... I think you completely missed my point of just letting anyone who wants to open there wallet rez whoever they want. They've already made the game easy enough and it was my opinion that giving every single class in the game the ability to rez would just make the game dumb, especially on early TLP's...

I think my point is that it would take from the experience of the game as a whole too much. I could care less if they introduce them to live or certain TLP's at a point.

Edit: You're basically giving everyone in the game access to a Staff of Forbidden Rights with unlimited charges. Which is incredibly powerful. This item was extremely rare/extremely expensive, but could literally save raids or save hours of time on clears.

*Like I said, this was only my opinion. I want to try to keep the game as close to normal as possible. Yes, I realize this isn't p99 but in my opinion** you have to draw the line somewhere.
  6. Monkman Augur

Res tokens are already in marketplace and on the loyalty vendor... on live.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

On live, I can buy 96% rez tokens from Loyalty Vendor. Maybe I am missing the ones in the marketplace?

It has not changed my game other than to rez group mates during battle cause the cleric merc won't do that. All my alts have them so you could get rezz'd by a Ranger, Chanter or even a Rogue! They are not as game changing as players think.
  8. Siah Elder

My entire basis was on TLP, I haven't played live since 2008 so I can't comment on Live.
  9. Bullsnooze Augur

This is a terrible idea.

and, this is a terrible argument.

An item like this should be kept as something special and only available as a one time purchase for special promotions. It should not be something made available for everyone to buy in the eras of a TLP that is most precious and vulnerable to exploitation.

You have 3 classes that can ressurect and later 2 more are added. We don't need to give every class the ability to resurrect. It would be like putting Superior Healing potions on the marketplace at the start of a TLP.
    ttin likes this.
  10. Monkman Augur

Yeah, really shouldn't unlock these tokens until mercs are available on any given server.
    ttin likes this.
  11. Xhartor Augur

Which expansion does the inability to rez kill groups. The port to corpse is often more important then the rexp recovery.

Kunark
    Velious (maybe)
    GoD

Other expansion safe to get back to your group with invis.
  12. Machen New Member

Having a rogue with SoS be able to drag a mage to a safe spot, rez and coth everyone is a pretty big game changer for the mid expansions. Let's not enable that quite so early.
    code-zero and jeskola like this.
  13. wade_watts Augur

Lol. Yeah, this would be the thing to finally make the game too easy.

On Aradune launch, my static group had 30 of these tokens available and we used a handful. Guess what... it wasn’t game breaking, just saved us a mild headache of downtime and DPG got some financial gain. You grumps bring the same tired argument every time “THIS MAKES THE GAME TOO EASY.. IT SHOULD BE NECKBEARDS ONLY”
  14. Bullsnooze Augur

You only have them because of the promotional for bags.

What you're asking for now is that they be readily available for everyone to be purchased with station cash at the infancy of a server. Absolutely not. We need to make it harder for the krono farmers, not easier.
  15. Machen New Member

Classic isn't where there is an issue.

Personally my wife and I scored about 25 of them before aradune/rizlona launch. She ended up using two in classic, when our group full wiped and she thought it would save time leveling. In both cases I was pretty pissed, because every one we use in classic is one less we have to use in PoP/GoD/DoDH where they will matter 1000x more. Until you have coth and an sos rogue, these are a minor convenience. Once you have those things, you can save hundreds of man hours.