EverQuest XP Gain - A way forward?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Oct 19, 2020.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Grind XP is the current salt. You can gain XP from grinding mobs. It just pales in comparison to the cartloads of XP gained from progression in ToV.
    Bigstomp and Nennius like this.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

And it also depends upon whether you are grinding regular experience or AA experience. Regular experience is pretty slow in ToV zones, but I get 1-2 AA's per kill in Great Divide at 115 in ToV. With no level increase coming this time around an awful lot of folks in the new expansion will be heavily working on AA's and the grind exp. for that works pretty well. I am curious to see (haven't preordered quite yet) what the grind exp. will be in CoV.
  3. Chorus Augur

its roughly 20 mobs to get 1% reg exp. It's not that bad honestly, unless you die a lot, then it becomes super painful.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

A lot of talk about Overseer atm. Overseer is much better now that the sorting is better. I don't have to click through a bunch of useless characters to find on that is worth wild. I have been using overseer to help level and alt I don't have time to level. That's something I appreciate. I think the only thing I am presently longing for in the current system is an icon by the quest name (trade, diplomacy, etc)

I agree about Overseer tied to progression. I hope overseer never becomes mandatory.

What i really wish is that Overseer were instead a phone app. Some sort of optional card game or something that would let me be connected to EQ for EQ rewards when I don't have access to EQ. A game that is fun on its own that results in shared fellowship XP or something would be ideal.