Can we talk about the Enchanter Epic?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ECrack, May 25, 2020.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

So because charm is OP there should only be a small handful of them able to complete their epics? Not even related.
    Skuz, Zurd and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  2. hurikane New Member

I like this suggestion a lot, please either lower the spawn rate or change the goal posts a little bit so it's not a push over.

Hell even replace a Hate Mini that has little to no loot with Verina/Vessel, keep the stats just change the name and add the book with a % chance drop and have it tied to a DZ. (Add Wraith to DZ while you're at it)
    Zurd likes this.
  3. Thunndar Journeyman

This is what Cabilis looks like for the Enchanter epic

[IMG]
    Lineater likes this.
  4. Epicless_Enchanter New Member

3 Major Bottlenecks on this epic and it needs attention from DBG or Darkpaw (over eyes) for god sake do something about it ..

Add Wraith to DZ and extremely decrease Verona and Vessel respawn time, is that really to much to ask for.. my god make it like 12 hours..
    Zurd likes this.
  5. wade_watts Augur

Hey DPG - just slip this into the patch today real quick please. 12 hour respawn for Verina and Vessel.

TY! /kisses
  6. phaeril Augur

I managed to finish mine in the 2nd or 3rd week, and it was awful. Verina involved stalking her for a week to get a window that worked for people, ultimately I ended up sleeping in my living room to hear Gina go off when she spawns. The whole thing makes you feel bad, but what else are you gonna do it's the keystone weapon for your class and you have 3 months of not much else? It's the game, sure skipping stuff makes sense but it kinda makes you wish that you'd just waited for velious and pretended to be new then.

Then wraith, which is actually kind of a good spot, imo. It's a straight up mobilizing race, the only bad part is the people. Aradune has taken competitive pulling and salt river kayaking to new heights. Having to see people be pathetically cruel and then mind numbingly whiney to each other makes playing feel bad, like maybe this is a game/quest that only idiots and/or dirt-bags enjoy.

Droxlin is also so bad, you have to talk a bunch of people into sitting and watching the ground with you. For maybe a long time, and then it's a DPS race. So you might have to do it again if you lose some people to having a real life or something for 20 gd minutes. It's stupid and toxic and does more to keep people from playing enchanter than that joke of a 20% you took off charm pets.

The reality is that it's actually an amazing quest. If you follow along with what you're actually doing, it's great and it's enchantery. You can't just multi-quest or buy the whole thing, you have to do it. The problem is that there are so many enchanters and the quest doesn't scale. It's just that simple, and it's a disservice to one of the few classes that are really special to EQ to let a delightful quest fester into a toxic mess.
    Xyphen, Fudly and Aneuren like this.
  7. Buddi Elder

Good luck folks,

I have played enchanter main on three servers where I joined a guild to raid (Tallon Zek, Fippy and Phinigel). On TZ and Fippy, I tried to get my epic as soon as possible. I failed due to DPS racing and spawn camping that I wasn't prepared for, and didn't think was a good use of my guildmates time. TZ was a PVP server, so there was that too.

The epic simply isn't worth the time/effort/frustration. On Phinigel, I just waited until 2.0 was on the horizon to finish things up. For me, the shissar wraith is the real bottleneck. It doesnt spawn in instance, so there is no way to speed up the respawn.

Kunark is just a terrible expansion with queues for VP-key and Epic drops. At least they got rid of the poop socking requirement for raid mobs.

On Phinigel we are at Ring of Scale, a Kunark reboot. The VP key has lots of bottlenecks here too, but it has been far less toxic than back in the day.

Forget about the epic, like I did, and you will be far less frustrated. If you want to beckon to devs for help, ask for VP key changes. That'll help everyone.
  8. Ruination Elder

Enchanter epic is garbage, You would be a moron to equip it unless it's a box and you never charm. You can get a 15AC main hand for 4-500p in CL.
  9. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Spoken like a bad player that's never had the item.
    ttin likes this.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

I had it in era on Live and while I was proud of the accomplishment I was fairly disappointed with the epic itself. Sure, the moving snake head is cool but the cast time on the click is so long I don't think I cast it more than a handful of times.
  11. KrakenReality Augur

It's the 2nd best raw haste available in Kunark, Wondrous Rapidity is 70%. You can debate the ATK and DEX boost of VoG but you get an AC boost with Speed of the Shissar. It frees up a spell slot, so you never have to memorize a haste spell again. Major win. Also, it has no level cap.

Speed of the Shissar

1: Increase Attack Speed by 66%
    2: Increase AGI by 40
    6: Increase AC by 30

Visions of Grandeur

1: Increase Attack Speed by 58%
    2: Increase AGI by 40
    3: Increase DEX by 25
    4: Increase ATK by 20
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

I'll admit to a bit of hyperbole. In reality I probably cast it a lot. I do recall hating the casting time, though.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

Who cares what the minutia of effect of, its clicky haste!

If there's one thing about clickies, it's that you must collect them all.
  14. Lineater Augur

Cast time on epic is 6 seconds. VoG is 6 seconds. Wondrous Rapidity is 7 seconds.

Enchanter epic is difficult but doable if you really want it. I completed it and am really digging the clicky. I box a cleriic and it's great for hasting the hammer pets.
  15. Mrjon3s Augur

The AC is effected by the AC Cap so its not really that good.
  16. a_librarian Augur

You will have to mem haste again when every melee in your raid asks for VoG, including the tanks. The extra haste % is marginal on players with a high worn haste. It's a toy for screwing around solo and the quest is a pointless cluster on these servers. Either make the enchanter quest easier or make other epics have more OW bottlenecks so there is some parity, I don't care which at this point.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

Hmmm, I remember it being much longer. I wonder if they changed it at some point. It could just be my faulty memory.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

Maybe you're thinking of the druid epic? That click takes 89348736527836s to cast :p
    Lineater likes this.
  19. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

All AC other then Shield AC is effected by the softcap, you could literally say this about anything. It's an AC buff on yourself that you never replace. When you first get it the AGI provided by it is also big for your Avoidance AC since you won't cap agi with gear till PoP. It's the best haste buff for tanks until OoW. It's the best haste buff you can cast on a level 1 period. It's mana free and really useful when you're running around swapping charm pets to snipe named or fighting mobs that dispel. It's a godsend in the amount of mana it saves buffing during raids in Kunark-SoL. IMO the click makes it the second best epic. I remember thinking it wasn't that good until i got it on Phinny, boy i was wrong.
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Only cuck Enchanters give tanks VoG. SOS gives AC.

Giving 10 Tanks VoG cost 2750 mana. That's more then 4 mins of medding in Kunark. That's like 10% of your time sitting down so you can cast the WRONG haste buff on tanks.
    Lineater likes this.