Taking time for content

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Seagrams, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Seagrams New Member

Thinking of starting over with a six box
    are there any advantages to one sever over another other than it has to be a box server
    not worried about unlocks since the whole server will be open up to current
    how many xpacs back to handle out of era content ?
    i guess going by the level you are and what expansion it would be
    just going to take my time and cover whatever I missed or just feel like doing
    no grouping no guild. Just play whenever. No time crunch
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Pretty much any server would suit you as you are not interested in playing with others.

Antonius Bayle is the European server
    Vox I think is still the quietest, so you would not find camps contested as much
    Xegony I think is the busiest
    Firona Vie is also busy, but is also the free trade server and cannot be transfered off should you want to change server at a later stage. Also has bonus exp
    All over servers are somewhere inbetween

As for what you can handle, depends on gear, but you should be able to do any group content aimed at your level in appropriate gear (not level 30 content in level 1 newbie gear), if your talking raids maybe 3 expansions behind.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

On Xegony we do regular MGB sessions for all levels. And even if we are the busiest server I don't think finding camps is really that hard. Only the end game zones are busy and they have /pick zones available for overflow.
  4. Allayna Augur

Xegony has the most lag. But there are several raiding guilds. Machin Shin, Realm of Insanity, Iratus Lepus, Champions of Norrath, an open raid force. There is also a boxer who lags out zones who makes up the guild, In Good Company.

Plus the large casual guild Lions of the Heart.
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I wish I could recommend Bristlebane. The community, I'd think is pretty welcoming compared to other servers. It's nothing like I see on TLP (which is all my personal experience outside BB consists of). By and large, all the functional guilds live in harmony as best we can. Functional includes the large family guilds we have about, not just the raiding the guilds. There's an occasional disagreement here and there, but that's life.

It's the lag. It's 100% the lag that makes me hesitate to recommend the server. Thankfully, Circle of Legends doesn't raid on Sundays. However, RoV, FWO, SoT and of course RA all raid on Sundays. The lag is horrific. The lag doesn't really get much better as the week goes on. Your spell gems refresh in like 5 seconds instead of 8. It's dumb lol.
    Nennius likes this.
  6. Derka Power Ranger

Many players left Vox years ago because of the lag but it has since been fixed. It is low pop server if you want to be left to do your own thing. Not as many people hanging out in PoK or GL to do MGBs however there are friendly players that will buff you if you ask in general.

Yinla brought up FV. It does have the advantage of an EXP bonus and free-trade so that you could buy raid gear. I cant comment on the community though and you cannot transfer off if you don't like it.
  7. Celephane Augur

You lost me here. What? What content do they raid on Sundays?