The Lost Lexicon Explorers Expedition - Cannot Complete

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Nudia, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Nudia Augur

On the TBM quest The Lost Lexicon Explorers Expedition in Decay, one of the final steps is bugged. After clicking the crystal at the base of the waterfall in Life, the 3 wild bokon for the task step Kill Wild Bokons never spawn. I have tried this quest twice and both fail in the same way. I have tried destroying the crystal and re-clicking, destroying, zoning back and forth, and re-clicking, running a 2nd character down and clicking, and redoing the quest.

There is a mention of this being broken some years back on test. Asking in guild, someone completed it recently, but didn't mention how far prior to the last patch. A fellowship member attempted to assist someone with it and noted the same issue I did, with the wild bokon never appearing on track.

As per usual, the in-game support is either unable or unwilling to assist, so it appears doing these old tasks for Hero AA and progression is again not available.
    Puzzling likes this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think mine spawned right at the bottom of the tunnels where the bokon quest NPC is usually found (under the statue)
    Nudia likes this.
  3. Nudia Augur

Ran from top of the zone down into pit via ramps and down into the underground to the bottom level checking /target. Verified on further attempt with tracker - no wild bokon spawn.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Do you get the message that:
    "A small piece of the massive crystal cracks off and floats into your hand as you reach towards it etc. ?? when you touch the crystal?

Then they insta spawn and come out of the crystal. No need to look for them on track and they would show as "a wild boken" I have never looked for them on track. Do not be under the open statue or do not have the statue open when you click the crystal. I also did not know that one could destroy that crystal.

Check out this video to see if your in the right area - when I have run it all my guys are down there together. This portion is at 1:11 on the video.

Nudia likes this.
  5. Nudia Augur

Yes, I'm getting the message.

I've done this many times in the past, these are like my great great great great great grand alts.

It's not working. I'll run it again in a bit here and try using taller/different characters to do that click?
  6. Nudia Augur

Click, get crystal in inventory, get message, get update, get... no bokons. :(

[IMG]
  7. Nudia Augur

Attempt 5 or 6, I forget. Run entirely with different character. Click, get crystal in inventory, get update, and get approximately zero bokons!

[IMG]
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Went through all of TBM progression for 5 toons this past week on Xegony. The only issue I had was that Lashun didn't appear in an In Defense of Health instance so I had to quit and reget. Everything else worked fine and as expected.

When I did my quest, I went down to the waterfall in Decay, stood on the edge of the water near the stairs and mirrored over to life. Moved to and clicked the crystal in Life and got 3 wild bokons on extended ... killed and finished the quest.

With any of the open world quests in "recent" expansions, they seemed to get bugged every now and then. I would petition and see if you can have a GM reset the zone and try again.
    Nudia likes this.
  9. Nudia Augur

Glad to hear it's not wide-spread. Unfortunately, it's looking like I wait for a server down and hope for the best - the GM I got isn't seeming too interested in helping with much of anything.

Cheers
  10. Puzzling Journeyman

Greetings Adventurer,

I wanted to get back to you regarding your troubles with what may be a bugged quest (The Lost Lexicon Explorers Expedition). I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you today. Please be sure to use the in-game /bug command so that our team can pinpoint the issue and initiate an internal fix for this. During this time, CS is unable to manually adjust your issue for immediate correction, as this will need to be done through dev first. Once it is fixed and you still require assistance, you can let us know.

I'm not sure what part of "3 wild bokon" not popping needs to be narrowed down exactly.
  11. Nudia Augur

That was their initial response to me as well. I'm actually back here to apologize and acknowledge that after a few days, they came out of left field and corrected this for me. Keep pushing!

Thunderkiks likes this.