Beastlord bis dropable gear

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sterling-Silverfox, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Sterling-Silverfox Elder

I am going to main switch from a paladin to a beastlord @ SoL launch. So i was going to plan on farming from now till then gear for my beastlord. Gear would be raid drop and group attainable. What are your thoughts on BiS for a Iksar beasty?
  2. Scarredevolution New Member

For starters Black pantherskin full set of that and 2x Stave of Shielding then when usable Steel Hilted Flint Dagger and Club of the ice ocean will be what you want to aim for.

belt from fellspine in SG(cant remember name of the belt), resist gears make doing your epic a breeze and can even solo most of the fights yourself with resist gear as in raid id suggest using flint dagger + epic offhand to lower your aggro gen alittle since if that dagger procs alot you dont wanna have that club offhand procing as well.

Khashek's Katar and Gold Inlaid Ulak are noob traps dont buy those if you see em. Id even ignore Fist of iron since your main purpose on BST in luclin - SoF is support and proc based weapons are much more valuable than ratio until SoF.
  3. Roxas MM Augur

phase spider carapace is really nice. i started with a stave of shielding and a sebilite croaking dirk. 1 of the 36% haste items of course and i'd stock up on hps items.
  4. Scarredevolution New Member

he says hes going iksar and iksars cant use PSC iirc
  5. Mrjon3s Augur

Best thing you could do is level up a druid on a separate account so you can just PL yourself to 40+. Armor Black Pantherskin from velious tailoring and weapons I would go Sebilite croaking dirk and Stave of shielding. Haste go for whatever you can get but a good one is Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt from sirens grotto.
  6. Boze TLP complaint factory

Answers here are really good overall. Some slightly different thoughts for you though:
    1. High AC gear (i.e., not pantherskin) will let you be able to facetank better, giving you more solo and grouping versatility.
    2. Wisdom will be your hardest stat to max as wisdom buffs are very limited. DoTs, buffing, and ferocity are all pretty Mana expensive.
    3. Spell focuses > raw stats

IMHO, hands down the best possible twink item is Crown of Narandi. Other highlights not yet mentioned: Othmir Prexus Totem, Obulus Death Shroud.

Also, seriously, mage summoned jewelry is amazing for filling in focuses.
    Lejaun likes this.
  7. Roxas MM Augur

PSC > race all.
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Technically duel wielding SODs is BiS dropable, but honestly that would be a waste.

Things maybe worth getting checklist

[ ] Pre nerf Fungus Staff(Can sell and use nerfed after level 35)
    [ ] Crown of Narandi
    [ ] 8 of 9 Earring of Solstice kit
    [ ] Lodi Belt
    [ ] Crystalline Torque or ODS MP3
    [ ] Coldain Wrist BA3
    [ ] Efreeti Ring SH2
    [ ] Idol of the underking IH3
    [ ] Gem Encrusted Ring AE3
    [ ] Either of the 36% haste cloaks
    [ ] Stave of Shielding and Seb Croaking Dirk

Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt is Garbo since you will want Lodi belt.
  9. TLP Addict Augur

Ear: Solstice, Grimling earbone
    Rings: Shadel Bandit, Velium fire wedding ring
    Head: Narandi, Cowl of Mortality
    Face: Deathmask of Elysians
    Back: CoF, Hiero if you get haste somewhere else.
    Shoulders: Barbed Rubicite (if CT revamp in), Mantle of Distraction
    Chest: PSC, Wild Lords for the click.
    Arms: Hardened grey flesh, masterwork leather
    Wrists: 2 x Bracelet of Fort/Sense/Might depending if you need/want Str, Sta or Wis.
    Belt: Belt of the great turtle.
    Gloves: Shissar scale, Coldain skin
    Legs: Wild Lords, Nathsar
    Feet: Barbed Dragonscale
    Weaps: Scepter of Destruction, Stave of Shielding, Steel hilted flint dagger, Gold inlaid Ulak, Khasheks katar
    Range: Othmir prexus totem. Goranga Idol.
  10. Sterling-Silverfox Elder

My goal is to get 40 asap. To do this i have a static aoe group set up with wizards and bards to get me to 40 real quick. When i hit 40 we will switch to the lvl 60's. Currently i have stave of shielding, haste belt from naggy, cloak of flames if i need a back slot.

My question is can i farm any of the vellious quest armor and it to the beast when i get his faction up? If i could i think going with skyshrine armor set would rock since i can farm that faction really quick. But i am not sure if that armor can be 'd anymore.
  11. Crabman Augur

To piggy off this question, what are best starting stats for bst? I plan to go iksar if that changes it. I was thinking max wis so that I can just focus melee stats on gear? What do yall think?
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Fastest way to 40

Red Wine in Neriak to 25
    AoE DS PL with Holgresh Mojo Sticks in LGuK 25-40

Can be 40 in a few hours

I think they changed the Velious faction armor quesst to be only MQable by someone of the same class.
  13. TLP Addict Augur

Velious armor can only be 'd by the same class.

Starting stats? Bst is a jack of all trades class, primary stat for melee damage is Strength, primary caster stat is Wisdom so you want a combo of both as well as STA. AC, Hitpoints/Mana/Endurance obviously, Resists, Atk, Dex if you use a proc based weapon like the Steel hilted flint dagger.

Put your 30 points into whatever combo of str, sta and wis floats your boat imo.
  14. Sterling-Silverfox Elder

Is it possible to do the red wine quest as a iksar? I do know the trick. I have a gnome mage i can work on his faction then coth him in invis on trade in. I hope this works, getting a free ride to 25 would be sweet.
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I've never done it as an Iksar, you need indiff faction to turn in so anyone can do it with Lokar charmed by another player. Iksar are probably non-kos with a DE illusion pot, which means you also have the option of using a illusion pot+ cloudy pot. It takes A LOT of red wine once you go past the teens so it's not exactly free, but it;s normally faster then PLing. Definitely worth the cost for the first 15 levels.
  16. Boze TLP complaint factory

This is how you get nice things nerfed :eek:
    Lejaun likes this.
  17. Lejaun Augur

So is the consensus, at least early on in a TLP before focus items become a norm on gear, that AC and HP gear, as well as having the best spellcasting focuses, the best way to go over all else such as stats?

Where do we rate things like Flowing Thought, such as from the Coldain shawl?
  18. Lejaun Augur

On the note of spell focus items, when is it that they are unlocked for TLP servers again? Luclin? PoP?
  19. Sterling-Silverfox Elder

I personally am going to focus on ac hp items, second wisdom items. I will be boxing a cleric or druid, have both at lvl 60.
  20. Bewts Augur

Pretty much, this list.

Although not “droppable” but obtainable from generally non-raid content you may want to consider:
    Epics because OH is haste + worn ATK (albeit terrible OH ratio) and Primary never hurts to have a slow proc.
    Prayer shawl because it’ll give ya an extra tic on paragon and there aren’t many extended buff options for a bit.

Other considerations include:
    There’s a snare spear that comes in useful - forget its name spear of constricting or something like that.
    Bracer of Benevolence (not lore, can run 2); although fort/sense bracers work too but in terms of raw HP and assuming capped STA, BOB is slightly better. Resists aren’t super relevant in SOL.
    Fungus Patch Vest is BL usable although it has a LVL 51 restriction on it and isn’t exactly... common in SOL. If ya get to VT, there’s a lunar fungus something that’s pretty awesome BL raid version of a Fungi

Highly suggest anything with flowing thought; mana is always a problem as a melee class that’s expected to buff and relies on dots/nukes for part of their DPS. You’ll see how fast mana drops rotating savagery on monks, rogues and rangers in rotation and wish ya had a personal Necro to twitch ya.
    And if ya can manage it, really suggest getting a primal which means doing ST key. I prefer the spear if ya have a choice.

Also highly suggest Iksar because in the long run it’s really the only differentiating class with a trait not obtainable later on. Mind your strength though as it’s not always easy to keep it capped.

Not sure if ya gonna AE PL, but a place I found off the beaten track that’s pretty amazing after newb is the Shar Vahl side of PC where the umberbulks are. I think ya can go as early as 8, but I think I waited for new pet before heading up to save a trip. You’ll need a few invis pots to get there, but imo it’s worth a trip that you can burn through your early levels mostly solo until your 20’s; especially if you’re twinked.