You are loosin business.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Leigo You come here often?

As do I, however. I do use it to check then I added my subs to my Google calendar. Do note I did say I like the idea of an in-game command.
  2. Tappin Augur

1. Stop bypassing the launcher or spend 15 seconds to use it to check.
    Andarriel likes this.
  3. cadres Augur

No!
    it very very much affects me and others I know in many ways
    Most people aren't rich enough that they have no need to know when an annual sub will be taken from their account (even more so for folk who have 2/5/10 subs)
    Many people's credit/debit cards will expire and so their subs won't go through
    Many people might like to add a krono or 2 to extend their annual membership(s) to help them budget

As for other companies - they all send me regular statements by email of what's due/paid etc

Yes I could cover my monitors with ageing post-its (do they really stay sticky for a whole year?!), but it was just so so much easier when there was an ingame reminder that I saw all day every day

And, again, it's always infuriates me that because person 1 doesn't need something/isn't interested in it, that no-one else should have it either
    Shanarias and Veteran_BetaTester like this.
  4. cadres Augur

I pretty much never by-pass the launcher
    I have never seen this message
    So, this method is really not helpful
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Click the little Arrow next to My all access and it pops up. It's literally one extra click to show that.
  6. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I NEVER see that picture either. IF I did, it would be a reason to bypass the launcher.
    ... You know this is something I have said before about not agreeing to an EULA as well when I log in.
    Let me start EQ now I will explain what happens for those with this comment like "Tappin".

Win 7, Launchpad.exe shortcut on desktop.
    Let me explain, I put a new SSD in my system and copied and pasted the game over to the new SSD ( It is faster SATA 3.0 then my other SSD SATA 2.0). Then I put a shortcut for eqgame on the desktop, it didn't work saying I had to use launchpad.exe. So put a shortcut of Launchpad.exe on the desktop and it works.
    I didn't 'bypass' .. bypass is the way to right click and edit the direct location by adding your characters name in it to simply start that one character.
    (And I don't give a nats azz of any other comment on this bypass topic, this is not the point)

ok clicking Launchpad.
    Window: Version:Live top left corner, EVERQUEST and latest news on right side. This is the same window you see your coin (In the photo you replied to), with My allaccess^. where you click PLAY.

Server select screen.. clicked server.

Character select screen.. chose which character..

loaded into game.

As Tappin said .. 15 seconds and Leigo said with a photo. I DON'T SEE THIS !

NO EULA either.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

STOP Do not click PLAY - Do not pass GO.

On the screen that shows the money do you see the My All Access ?

Click the arrow on "My All Access" its to the right but in the same square

Its a Drop Down and does not show until you click the arrow.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

PS Terms of Service are at the bottom of this page in yellow and its on the same screen as above but in the lower left corner it says "advance tools" click that and your EULA is listed there.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Before I wrote my reply I DID check / click that down and it did not show any time.
    I did it on my getaccess toon (Expired)
    I did it on my allaccess toon (Paid)

NOW you said to do that, I just tried it again and it DOES show that time (JUST LIKE THE PICTURE)

WTF is going on!?

Must I have a character in game for that drop down to work properlly?
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, it only will show after the first step of the log in. Before that it will not show. It will say "GET all access" and if you go to far you cannot click on it!
  11. Duality Augur

I've had 3 accounts now that ended the day before the date listed on launchpad.
  12. cadres Augur

So I went to the launcher, did the clicking...
    It showed me when my next DBG cash was due
    But nothing about my membership
    For that I had to click again and be taken to the impenetrable website. As I don't have a spare few hours to get in there, that's where my search ended
    If this *did* actually tell me when my membership was due, that would be 'ok' (I'd much much rather have the info in game, just like we used to), but it doesn't
  13. cadres Augur

And that's why they took the service away, apparently
    At least we had an approximation - I have no idea if mine ends in a day, a month, 8 months etcetc
  14. Visitor Augur

I do not have any FTP accounts, but, I got the extra 2 shared bank slots by buying The Burning Lands. It is not logical to lose 2 slots, or rather not get them if FTP, if you have been All Access and stop paying you fall to Silver.
  15. Zamiam Augur

you only fall to silver if that account was already silver (grandfathered in) to begin with .. if its a true F2P account once your All Access expires it falls back to F2P (green) with 2 character slots unless you purchased the doll's

they do not have silver accounts anymore .. so unless your account is silver from a long time ago then all accounts are F2P if they are not All Access..

I have 7 out of my 12 accounts are Silver ..
  16. Whulfgar Augur

Y'all cry too much.. literally over something that y'all have power over.. put this crap on your cc and call it good got deyam..
    Nennius likes this.
  17. Xerzist Augur

No need when you can pay with kronos, which believe it or not, many people don't pay a dime unless they want to splurge a little on the market.
  18. Tappin Augur

Paying with a Krono is perfectly fine: I pay for four accounts with them. However, paying with a Krono isn’t an excuse for bypassing the patcher and staying logged in for a month.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

I must be incredibly bored, but...

That's an interesting statement. Curious as to the context. And in any case, whether or not someone pays with a krono or not, is there now a rule against "bypassing the patcher and staying logged in for a month"? You don't have to of course, but I am curious as to why this is an issue for anyone except the specific user who bypasses the patcher.
  20. Tappin Augur

As previously stated, it takes 15 seconds to check the status of your account if use the launcher/patch. If you’re to lazy to do that, then you have more problems than just this one.
    Nennius likes this.