Aradune: Bugged Shaman Epic Quest, No help from support

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Karendune420, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Karendune420 New Member

So I stayed up all night after a couple days of failing to get Woe, Envy and Marr's promise from the contested spawns in Rathe Mountains and finally got them.

Today, I went to West Karana and found a wandering spirit and handed it my small gem. I then handed it Woe, Envy, and Marr's promise in one trade. It handed me back Envy for some reason. No problem, got the quest done, said "shield of the forsaken" and got handed the shield.

I typed "what last path" and received the quest dialogue for a completed quest, but no sparkling gem. It's definitely not anywhere in my inventory, I did an item search, repeated it multiple times, nothing. When I tried to turn in Envy by itself afterwards, I got a red message that said "You need to hand in all quest items at the same time to complete this quest" and I read that these quests were changed to not be multi-questable in 2019 so I'm not sure how my Envy got rejected in the first place.

I killed the wandering spirit on my box, and then I came back later and did the same quest dialogues without turning anything in. It will give me as many Shield of the Forsakens as I delete and ask for, and will still give me the proper quest text when I say "what lost path", but just will not hand me the Sparkling Gem.

Asking in the shaman channel turned up another shaman who had this happen, except he received back Marr's Promise instead of Envy when he did his turn in, and he said the response to his petition was that support are "hands off" on epic quest in all circumstances.

I haven't skipped any part of the shaman epic. I put in a bug report and /petition. The final response to my petition after I pressed for clarification whether I would be receiving any help was:

"Greetings Adventurer,

If you have submitted a bug report, and believe your issue to be solely the result of an unintended gameplay error, you can wait and see if a fix is implemented. We reccomend keeping an eye on the EverQuest forums for updates on such fixes. You can also use the forums to connect with other players and confirm that your situation is not the result of a misinterpretation of the quest requirements, or repeat the quest in an attempt to achieve an alternate outcome.

If you require assistance with other issues, we hope you will not hesitate to reach out again in the future.

Thank You,
    GM Alabaster"

1. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. Why can't GM's help me out in this situation where I feel like it's easily verifiable that I did everything and should get the gem? I have been helped with an incorrect turn-in for a Plane of Sky quest, not really sure how this is different. I heard they ported every SK waiting for Duriek to spawn to the Overthere today over some dispute. Seems weird they are that hands-on there for whatever reason but can't fix this for me.

At this point all I can do is waste however many hours it will take to get these drops off these contested spawns again and hope it doesn't happen again, unless someone else has some insight into what happened and can tell me what to do.

I have Karen'd this as hard as I can and this is my last cry for help. I have nothing left to Karen.
  2. NotMyCharacterName New Member

You better put on a bob cut and keep petitioning. Let them know that while you "wait and see if a fix is implemented", your subscription will be ending.
  3. Protagonist Tank

Customer support is copy, paste, mark petition as closed and tell you to petition again in the future.

If you petition again, you'll get the same copy/paste reply.

The third time, you'll get one saying they're planning an XP bonus weekend in the near future to make up for these issues.

The fourth time, they'll recommend getting your guild to redo the quest with you.
  4. Sturmx Lorekeeper

"the last path" not lost path
  5. Senlronia Lorekeeper

Yup, happened to someone in my guild at the exact same point.

And a mage lost their Torch of elements, burning embers and blazing wand this morning.

This is some pretty poor Customer Service, if i'm being honest.
    Sebstherogue likes this.
  6. Thunderbolt New Member

Hi, i think this gem is a turn in for faction only and not progression into the quest line, even though the faction might be needed to do future turn ins

you can try asking an enchanter to charm the wisp and then asking "what path" potentially

otherwise try skipping this part
    Duder likes this.
  7. Karendune420 New Member

So I tried skipping that part and went to EJ and handed the Spirit Sentinel my dire wolf pelt or whatever, and it wouldn't take it. I also tried going back and doing the first step of the quest to try and get the missing faction, but that doesn't work any more. You need to give the Sparkling Gem to the Spirit Sentinel, no way around it.

So I stayed up untill 5 am again, sniped Tabien from some poor shaman who wasn't happy about it, helped another guildy get his Woe and Envy, and then got another set myself. Turning them all into a Wandering Spirit immediately put the Sparkling Gem in my inventory, which leads me to think whatever the bug is, it has to do with the Spirit giving you something else in it's "inventory" besides a Sparkling Gem when you turn in Woe, Envy, and Marr's Promise.

Maybe the safest way to do it would be to go to East Karana and kill the first Wandering Spirit you find, take a break, and then turn your items in to a fresh spirit, otherwise there's a chance you are back to another day or more sitting on your butt in Rathe Mountains, competing with other shamans to see who can land Bane of Nife first every 2 hours.
    niente and Duder like this.
  8. Thalliius Augur

Sorry this happened to you, this is a nice cautionary tale tho... im going to be taking screenshots and recording my epic quest turn ins from now on so I have it captured on video if something messes up

I've paid krono for some of my epic quest items, if i lost any because of a bugged turn in and the GMs ignored me with canned responses like that, I'd go scorched earth
  9. Shibe New Member

This wont change anything.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  10. dejalwm New Member

You handed the quest items to your pet.
  11. Sebstherogue New Member

It's because this step requires four turn ins - not three. This is also one of the reasons why they copy/paste is that so many do the steps incorrectly.

I know this because i made the same mistake a few days ago when doing this turn in. Luckily, my druid port had just done the turn in on his mage and reminded me. I got lucky and was able to turn in the Power of the Elements.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  12. Moebius8 Lorekeeper

i would mention that the shaman epic is purely based on faction, get max ally, and the tear and you can get the epic
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

I've seen this happen to mages more than once =/

They fixed the Shaman epic last year so you have to do the whole quest
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Tweakfour17 likes this.
  15. Moebius8 Lorekeeper

16. Karendune420 New Member

Since this is still getting bumped I'm just gonna clarify that I did my research before making this post. I didn't hand it to my pet because the quest was completed and I got the Shield of the Forsaken.I know they patched it so you can't stack faction, and I did not skip any part of the quest prior to this. You cannot skip this part of the quest and go to the next step if this happens to you.

If anyone else runs into a similar problem, I just want them to know that you can do everything right and the quest just doesn't work. You just don't get your item after you do your hand in.You have to re-farm Woe, Envy, and Marr's Promise, and just hand it in again and hope it works correctly that time.

I did get my Sparkling Gem after turning in the items a second time. That's all you can do. Customer support will not help you in any way.

I don't know anything else about problems with other epic quests, but I know this exact thing happened to at least 2 other shaman I have spoken to, but I haven't really gone around asking after I got it all over with.
  17. Healiez Augur

Did you do multiquests for anyone? There are some steps of certain epics that can lower truespirit faction.
  18. Karendune420 New Member

I have not multi-quested anything on my shaman except for the jboots quest.
  19. Giner New Member

This just happened to me as well. Is it confirmed that you just need to refarm the 3 items from Rathe, turn them in at the same time, and pray?
  20. Dadcop Lorekeeper

Sounds like you did this step out of order. I just tested it on Rizlona and was able to do it on a 52 Shaman.
    Skuz likes this.