Any guilds on Aradune that check these boxes?

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by MMOer, Sep 10, 2020.

1. MMOer Augur

1) Can down Kunark targets with no problems. eg don't wipe on Trak/Dragons. Just go in and slam them. Done. I do not want to be raiding for 4-5 hours. I want to move, destroy, disperse loot and be able to get on with my time.

2) is organized in both forming of raids, instruction, and guild management systems (eg websites and discord). eg. time is valuable.

3) Are not doing or do not require VP to be done. Ain't got time fo dat. Been there done that. Not worth it. Velious will be here soon enough.

4) Do not allow alts/boxes to loot or bid against mains other than rots. Would even prefer don't need them in the raid to make it happen but that might make this search difficult.

5) Have a NO or LOW RA threshold. Most guilds seem to want a 40%-50% RA. If you earn DKP you should be able to spend DKP imo. Simple as that. Surprisingly the lowest i've seen so far is the hardestcorest guild... which has me baffled... Hardcore but casual friendly. #confused. They don't check #4 or #3 or i'd be giving them a good look.

6) isn't Toxic especially in voice comms during raids. I'm spending my time to raid. Not listen to your drug history, bong hits, what you had for dinner, who bangs who's wife, or any other silly stuff.
    I do not enjoy being held hostage, in the name of raid requirements, to trivial banter and conversations. I'd prefer comms to be for instructions and information with zero chatter allowed. Chatter and banter in game chat, not voice. Never seen that guild in my life but I'd to get as close as I can to it.

7) Raid times.... well if they check these boxes i'll see if the raid times fit my schedule.

If you know if a guild that hits these check boxes or comes pretty close please post and let me know.
  2. Crabman Augur

While I definitely get your point for a lot of these, I think when you take a step back and put some of them together they might not be very practical. For example if you look at points 1 and 5. One talks about making sure you have an efficient group who all knows that they are doing, pullers who have pulled together, tanks who know where to be for each dragon, clerics who have the rot down and so on. But then 5 wants a low raid attendance requirement. You can’t get to be very efficient if you don’t know who is going to show up each raid. I was in a pretty casual guild on mangler, some days we would have 10 clerics ready to go to take down some serious raid mobs, and some days we would have 4 and would have to go to previous eras to still have a raid for that night. That’s an extreme case but it’s the reason guilds set ra requirements.

That being said I wish you the best and hope you find a guild that fits what your looking for, that’s the most important part of having an enjoyable experience on these servers imo.
  3. Dailor Augur

The chances of you finding this guild are the same as you just making the guild and leading it.
  4. MMOer Augur

I get what you are saying and respect it but I think that is wrong for EQ. We all know what we are doing by now and RA does not help with that.

Maybe because i've been through so many of them but I really don't think many of us are new players. We know what to do. At worst we need one raid/fight/instruction to jog the memory from a year or two ago. I do not think any needs to be on the raids all the time to know what to do.

All the high RA functions as is a whip to drive the herds attendance. If you don't come today all your work from yesterday is moot. I understand the need for attendance but that is what DKP is suppose to be for.

As far as attendance... I would agree with RA % could drive who is invited to the raid and who is not when you do not have enough for a full split.
  5. MMOer Augur

Yeah, lol. If it was easy I would not need to make this post.

My days of leading guilds are done until I retire. I just do not have time in my personal life for it now. I do make hell of a good leader and hell of a good guild when I have done it.

My only issue is when I go the guild folds. Finding successful successors to continue a guild is hard.

Gave the last one I made to a smart, 10+ hour per day, retired, millionaire who was one of my best officers. The guild folded within months of me leaving. =/
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You're straight up day-dreaming.

You are essentially saying you want to get carried, get great loot but have no commitment required of you.

Most guilds will show you the door, and if there is a guild like this out there that fits your bill they won't last long at all with players like you in any large numbers because nobody enjoys carrying a bunch of slackers, the more serious players who do commit to the guild will say to hell with carrying the bunch of slackers & go find a more serious guild leaving you unable to raid anything as you will not have anyone willing to commit to organising diddly squat.

What you are looking for is a guild of 100% slackers who 100% perform, that is completely unrealistic and while there may have been a time on live servers with vastly more casual players around that this could possibly have existed those days are long since dead.

Time for you to face reality or look for another game.
    Protagonist likes this.
  7. Tayvial Journeyman

Hell i've been looking for guild like this for some time. Your right. its the same stuff every 2 years.. but why keeping beating our face in on VP keys in kunark when VP ain't even that great for the hassle it's worth, lets be real lol.. now, there is some guilds out there nowadays that can check almost your whole list off but some guilds have RA because of people that spend more time raiding to get something vs someone hardly raids and comes in and try to win your item. But those Non RA guilds are awesome because DKP plays a roll. who ever has the most wins but then they leave your #6 box unchecked because your always gonna have someone starting drama over the dumbest sh** for no reason. I mean I don't have to say any names because they know who they are lol.. but that's the way it is in 2020..

On Aradune Server you got 1 Bat-phone guild that has no competition and just getting all the fat loot and hat off to them! Theirs guilds that can easily beat them but the lack of not caring or whatever guild style they call themselves but every guild has its problems but lets be real this server would be even more fun if we had another guild that can check those boxes off and give TEB some competition but starting a guild this late would be hard and would take time to even catch up because of the man power they have now and by that time who knows where the population of this server goes as more expansion release in future. On #4 Im also with you on this because why in da hell let an app or alt to roll or bid over a main. seems dumb to me but people set their rules the way they want.. Don't get me started on big guilds and their banks. you know they making some big $$ on the side and the members are clueless lol..

I can't help but laugh at this..
  8. MMOer Augur

Don't be mad because I am looking for not your guild.

DKP does not mean carry. The point of DKP is just that. You get what you contribute.

Would hate to see how you feel about non DKP guilds.
  9. MMOer Augur

Forget which TLP it was but I was in a guild and the leadership skip it and everyone was like "WHEW, Thank God!"

Only issue imo is really the no lifers. The 12+ hour a day guys. They get bored with out it.
  10. Tayvial Journeyman

Don't get me wrong there's few items in VP that's worth something for their class but over all its not that great lol. you get 3 months to bang out keys and then raid VP once a week UNLESS you fight for OW VP. again, only one guild is doing OW and no other guild cares or can't keep up. Now, if it took your guild 4 weeks to get everyone keyed then there's 8 weeks left to raid it. So you only get to see VP 8 times and hope to god your item drops and you win...but then Velious gets released shortly after and no one will ever speak of VP again.. Unless people back track to VP for something but I don't recall a guild every going back to VP once Velious drops because there's more things to do and way better items...

Idk about skipping VP but I wouldn't pound my members to get keyed asap but hey, everyone runs their guilds differently.. But your right with the no lifers.. they always complain about something in the game..
  11. HicksAradune Augur

wow, this guy sure aint fussy.
  12. Xhartor Augur

Higher raid attendance generally drives away less focused and more casual players. It also allows guild recruit off of set numbers. The players that aren't deterred by the higher attendance are the same ones will sit through the VP, Emp, VT keys more quickly. DKP doesn't drive attendance during Classic and kunark, the lack of raid loot causes a number of players to just horde their DKP during these eras.

On point 4, the further you progress in Everquest the higher percentage of your Bards and Clerics will become boxes. In kunark and Velious with planar armor, or farming HoT quest armor for them. After that the quality of gear to them starts dropping off considerably. Also lack direct personal incentive will just cause player who can box them to not want bother, which causes other problems.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Mad? I'm ecstatically happy about it.

The point of DKP is whatever the guild decides is the point of it. If they choose to set a rule that either means you cannot bid below a certain RA or you can only bid a capped amount under a certain RA that's just them making sure that the loot goes to the players who raid the most and therefore keep the guild moving forwards in progression.

You probably think "I raid to get loot" whilst most of the raiders think "I get loot to raid" these are two very different ways of looking at it.

I have never been in one so I can't say much from experience, though with any non-DKP system it is only as good as the people running it so way more open to abuse & favoritism.
  14. Trox2010 Augur

The point behind the RA is to make sure the high value loot is going to be funneled to the people that will actually show up to the majority of the raids, while insuring they can still use their DKP on other items that may not be as desirable, but will still help gear up the raid making it easier for them to carry you.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. The real Sandaormo Augur

This post was started by a Troll, no way this is real.
    Skuz likes this.