Aradune - Make VP key for sale in DB store or increase spawn rates

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sergeant Rage, Sep 10, 2020.

1. ISupportGuilds Journeyman

Ok, as a Officer of TEB, I try my best to have a healthy open line of communication with many of the other guild leaders/officers. You would be surprised every guild has people come and go. We picked up about 5 people from one guild. Lost a few to another guild. Do temps flare up during the heat of a race yes, but over all no one except maybe the forum trolls really attack each other. I would easily have a beer with any member of opposing guilds. The other thing to remember is it’s not just TEB camping keys, sure we still try to control a pick of PS, we still try to grab AJ’s.. But it’s not just us so to try and blame all of the servers issue on us is just taking the path of least resistance. Do we have aggressive members yes, do we dps race yes, are we as toxic as the forum trolls make us out to be no where near. Lastly until your a member you don’t know what it’s like in the guild so to make general derogatory statements just to make yourself feel better means nothing. I mean if you want the spoils that TEB enjoys join us. If it’s really that bad leave, we as leaders want our guild members having fun first and foremost and commit to doing everything in our power to ensure they are! Again if you want to see what it’s like from the inside send Vote a message and come judge for your self don’t be a sheep and let a_random_troll make your mind up for you!
    Senadin likes this.
  2. heatawareness New Member

How is comparing those two time frames even relevant? Of course it's much more difficult now that the entire server is 60. Aradune was a shitshow at this point too. More so because of the swamp spawn not moving combined with macroniquesters auto picking it up and multiquesting it for krono. Don't forget AJ being charm gated! The comparison is apples to oranges.

You could have had your key uncontested for the first 24-36 hours of servers launch on Aradune if you prioritized that as all of TEB were rushing 60. I was able to get both ground spawns 20 hours in to launch with no one else around. Moved to RS and KC, and once again no one was even attempting to compete. If you've played previous tlps like you said, you should know how this goes. Get a better plan, try again next time.

A large portion of our guild has been keyed for at least a week and there has been minimal keying efforts since. Right now there are 8 members in zones related to those key mobs, so yea this boogeyman is someone else.
  3. HicksAradune Augur

Once again - this has dereailed from the original subject, by the usual 3 or 4 people who seem to post in every single thread against TEB. This is not what this is about

Its a discussion about the VP in its current state, which i think is fine the way it is.

Hopefully Dreamweaver will look at the thread and clear it up
  4. HicksAradune Augur

I've asked several times on this thread alone to keep on subject, and it keeps going off. The key is pretty simple to get if you put a little organisation into it. If you're trying to do it all solo right now, then you're outta luck

Server pop is high which means a lot of competition from all people, not just us. i guarantee that right now there are probably no TEB at any of the VP key camps.
  5. TheGoblin Elder

Server pop is higher than original EQ when these were made. Adjustments were made once and they helped when there was a smaller TLP audience. Aradune shows that the VP key quest now is doable if you can get your guild to funnel you keys or make pick zones. It is not acceptable to the casual DZ guild. DZ's should not need keys. This does not affect the OW guilds at all.

Epics were changed, spells were changed, drops were changed and zones were changed. VP key quest should be the next change.

People should see the in era fights in era. Not have to wait a expasnion behind or spend hours upon hours trying to just get 1 key part if unlucky.

Also, DZ Broken Golem please!
    Senadin likes this.
  6. Fudly Elder

I'm all for anything that makes these time gating requirements easier.

I don't agree with the argument that it'd make the game too easy. There's nothing difficult about camping keys for excess hours. It's just boring and wastes a lot of time.

I don't agree with the entitled argument. It's not entitled to ask them to make their game more fun. It'd be entitled to expect them to do it, but we all know the likelihood of them doing anything about it.

The competitive arguments are weak. The majority of us aren't competing with you, so whether they make the keys easier or not, you'll still be able to run victory laps and beat your chest to a nonexistent audience.
    Senadin likes this.
  7. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

I think you have a huge misconception of how batphone guilds work, especially very efficient fast mobilizing ones. Being in a batphone guild isn't indicative of high play time nor is 70% RA indicative of high play time. I'm 95% RA and I only spend maybe 1-2 hours a day actively playing EQ.
  8. AoEBox Elder

Raid Times:
    Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8PM EST
    +Batphones 24/7
    US holidays (Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's) will not hold official raids or batphones.

^ 24/7 -- I think you have a huge misconception of what 24/7 means and having the ability to access the game and any given time.
    2 hours a day ( is actual a very high playtime for a casual player) and to say 2 hours -- IS after you had completed the expansion.

^ also you had nothing productive to add regarding VP keys ( so why even comment? )
  9. Senadin Elder

No one wants everything for free. The issue is you get a bunch of folks of different guild getting together for a mob, wait all day for 1 spawn! Then guild X comes in force and decide to take it from you all! Doesnt matter if you've waited all day, they wont add themselves to the list, they are better than you and that is the end of it. By better i mean they have more time then other folks/guild.
    AoEBox and Goburs like this.