VP key the current cancer of Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Yaboi, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Thalliius Augur

Your posts become more ridiculous with each one, now comparing an MMORPG to competitive sports lol...

This is the exact problem that these batphone guilds create.. they come in thinking this game is like a war and some fierce competition, when the vast majority of people are just normal players with jobs, families, social lives, etc that want to go onto EQ and enjoy the nostalgia of content and challenge themselves for guild progression

Then they run into these batphone guilds that apparently have no life responsibilties, and can sit on Everquest all day long every single day, locking down content and preventing other players from accessing it

This server can't get to PoP fast enough, i cant wait for all of these toxic try-hard neckbeards to leave to the next TLP
  2. Thalliius Augur

Exactly lol.. its sickening to see the mindset of some of these players

"VP is end game, just accept that you wont be able to do it early.. who cares anyways, what are you going to do for the next 2 months after clearing VP!?"

then proceeds to make a post patting themselves on the back for blowing through VP in record time...

As long as they can raid the VP content, everything is great and as it should be.. if other players actually want to do the content, why bother there are over 2 months left on Kunark? The Devs didn't want you accessing VP in the first 2 months of a TLP, they only wanted us to break the record and beat it in 10 days!

Lots that weren't hugged enough as children
    Lejaun and Skuz like this.
  3. Thalliius Augur

This isnt a live server, its a nostalgia trip TLP server... and its condensed into 3 months, not spread out over an entire year

EQ TLPs arent some little sandbox competition for 1 or 2 guilds, its a community of people that enjoy this game and want to experience it to its fullest at their own pace.. and shouldn't be prevented from progressing because a guild of unemployed people are locking down a bottleneck spawn for a key quest
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Thalliius Augur

Nobody is complaining about having to do guild progression through content, they are complaining that there is a poorly designed bottleneck on a key spawn that 1 guild has perma locked down

"Its endgame content, its not designed to be done early in expansion... Except by us!"
    Skuz likes this.
  5. KermittheFroglok Augur

I'm not going to waste my time reading this because its more or less the same complaints that conflict with the design philosophy and balance the Devs are likely aiming for. Further, you're throwing out made up numbers that are clearly untrue like there being 5,000 + players keying at once and memes because there is little beyond your opinion and desire for an "easier" TLP, sorry but Aradune doesn't sound like the server for you.

MMORPGs are full of time sinks and old ones are especially known for grindy content. You can disagree with it, but I can disagree with you in that the current expansions on TLPs are not meant to be as easy to complete in era as they are today on a Live server or older TLP.

Again, VP is endgame and Ruins of Kunark just launched. Slowing progression by making players compete for scarce drops was a design choice. If you do not like your progression being slowed by other players than play on a less competitive server. We're a few weeks in, not a few months in, people shouldn't expect to be in VP already.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I stopped reading your post here, seemed apt.
    Lejaun likes this.
  7. Thalliius Augur

Let me guess, you're in TEQB that just beat VP in like 10 days?

Someone just took the time to write a huge post and address each point you made, and you basically stuck your fingers in your ears and said "Not gonna read it cause it doesnt align with my views"

Then you try to act like you're the authority on what the Devs intended for something on a TLP

You're a joke
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Yasi Journeyman

Shouldn't everyone be able to play the game how they want to? Some might wanna go casual, some hardcore.

Maybe put more time into your VP Key, instead of replying to every post in this Thread about how every TEB Member is a nolifer without a job.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So long as that has no impact on other players I agree, but that's not what is happening.
    Thalliius likes this.
  10. Lejaun Augur

There is not a single thing difficult about getting VP key. Clicking your mouse on a ground spawn is not difficult. It's not end game content. Killing a level 45 mob is not end game content. It's time consuming, not difficult.

Let's not pretend it is equal competition either. You have some people with a natural ability to track creatures. You have some people with the ability to run fast. You have some people who have neither and either have to get lucky or help. Then you have the others, which is a large amount of players, who are using exploitative software to know where every spawn is, when it spawns and sometimes even to warp to the spawn (though not used as much because that seems to be one of the few ways people actually get banned).

VP content was maybe difficult when no one knew how to get every piece, when the quest was first being implemented. It was a way for the few guilds that conquered all of the dragons already to have something new to reach.

Now every guild is far stronger than what those old guilds used to be. Even the low-end guilds on the server have killed the OW dragons at least and have the ability to kill the new Kunark dragons. That wasn't the case 20 years ago.

VP keys are not difficult. They are time consuming and give the advantage to people willing to exploit the game (whether legally or illegally or both). Anyone playing the quest as it was originally intended won't see VP for weeks or months.
  11. Lejaun Augur

This argument is tired. With the amount of people clearly trying to get VP keys or who already have theirs, it is very clear that they think the loot or experience is worth it to go to. If it wasn't, they wouldn't have gotten their key or be trying to get one.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Thalliius Augur

Exactly... everyone should be able to play the game as they want to. Casuals should be able to play casually, hardcore batphoners should be able to do that...

but guilds like TEQB shouldnt be abel to just lock down key spawns indefinitely and keep other people from playing the game and progressing through content
    Lejaun likes this.
  13. Yasi Journeyman

They might have been doing it the first week. But if you look at Camps now, there is less and less TEB Players. Actually now its even worse, because more and more other Guilds join the "fun". Are you gonna call out every Guild now, that send 6+ players to a Camp?
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Lets focus on the actual problem rather than degenerating to slinging mud, guilds can only carry out activities the game allows them to do, blocking other guilds is much less about the guild in particular doing it than the fact that they are able to do so in the first place due to the way the game works.

Fighting the right battles wins wars.
    Thalliius and Aneuren like this.
  15. Lejaun Augur

True enough. <TEB> weren't the first ones to do things like this and they won't be the last unless changes are made. Until then, expect the same scenarios to be repeated every expansion release and every TLP.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Captain Video Augur

I tire of reading all this, but if I may I want to correct a few factual errors being made by both sides:

Kunark was not a year-long expansion in-era, it was seven months. You had to buy a physical copy of the expansion to play it, any of it. A lot of players who were active in Classic content didn't even buy the expansion in-era, for the simple reason they weren't that far along in the game. Many waited until there was a cumulative expansion package buy-in, either for Trilogy or when PoP came out. The player count actually interacting with any Kunark content in-era was, at best, no more than half the server population in total. The driving focus of Kunark at that time was >NOT< VP, it was the Epic 1.0 quests and levelling to 60. People who talk about 20-30 guilds contesting VP in-era either have very bad memories, or more likely they weren't even there.

I could not find a link to this in a quick search, but it is my distinct recollection that Brad said, at Kunark launch, that VP would be the hardest zone there would ever be in the game. He considered it to be a separate thing that came out at the start of Kunark because it wasn't ready to go at Classic launch (it's not clear it was ready to go at Kunark launch either, but that's another story). Brad didn't necessarily expect that anyone would complete VP before the launch of Velious. And in reality, only a very few did. There is nothing lore-wise or progression-wise that requires a player to raid VP before Velious begins.

The flaw in Brad's logic was that he said this before Prathun was hired, and as we all know, Prathun became EQ's premier raid designer. There might be a few practical options for further re-tuning of VP if Prathun was still with the company, but he's gone, and that's a fact of life people need to wrap their heads around.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

:rolleyes:

I was referring to 20-30 on TLP in era not live, so I don't have a bad memory.

I would however call your reading skills questionable.

:confused:

I very much doubt that's what he said.
  18. Febb Augur

It's like putting a bunch of mice into a box and one small piece of cheese. Welcome to TLP classic expansions.
  19. Ruination Elder

VT as a Wizard or better yet 2 Wizards is a ton of fun
  20. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I implore you to find a single TLP guild that legitimately thinks VP is worth it. We only did it because a) we were bored and b) we wanted to be on a server first list. No one is thinking, "lets get it done ASAP for an edge on Velious."

You have plenty of time to contemplate how much of a 2nd job the keying process is at PS, RS, AJ and Verix.