Unlock past "purchaseables" along with the zones

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HoodenShuklak, Aug 30, 2020.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

For example, in Underfoot eventually you unlock all the zones once XYZ expansion releases, but the vendors that sell currency stuff are still locked behind quests. So, you hit level 80 or whatever and you want to to Underfoot and you get some Brellium token items but you cannot spend any until you've done quite a bit of progression. The reality is that most players aren't doing old progression like this because newer content just trounces the old stuff. But they do certainly snag convenient upgrades along the way.

The change I propose is, as Convorteum (the end zone of Underfoot) unlocks (along with access to the related currency vendors) the era's currency vendors likewise unlock their items for sale.

Essentially, the current situation renders a lot of content/items worthless since the progression of old stuff really doesn't get done in light of just leveling up. But with a "simple" unlock along with the zones, a lot of untouched or even unseen (to some players) items are put into play.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Vumad like this.
  2. Sobmre Augur

you can buy stuff in etherere from older expansions on a bunch of vendors there. or are you looking for like quest " part for shawl 2" stuff or raid drops?
    Yinla likes this.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yes that is true, and useful. But what I'm saying is, even though the zones unlock, if you're doing the old content you cannot use those currencies. The one I'm most familiar with is the Brellium tokens/Underfoot because I have a flagged toon and the unflagged alts. The idea being to be able to take advantage of the content and it's rewards, rather than just bypass them or even get the rewards via later-era methods.

Another one I can think of is the phosphenes era. I've seen some people selling those for ages, but nobody wants to buy them because they simply aren't doing progression on alts.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can't really do anything like this as it would mess up the TLP servers and to be honest I don't think it is worth the devs time to make these changes at this stage of the game. and as you said most players will out level the items very quickly anyway as they level up.

Also most currencies are no trade and not heirloom so whats the point of unlocking vendors if the players don't have the currency in the first place?
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Well, you naturally acquire the currency like Brellium tokens while you exp through the zones, but you cannot spend them until you do progression quests. Essentially, the loot (brellium tokens in this case) is worthless.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I thought Brellium tokens were from just doing quests? I don't recall any currencies being dropped other than plat
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think some of the Underfoot currency items were unlocked by group progression, and that a few might have been locked behind raid progression.

If you want access to the rewards of those vendors do the content, the zones unlocking is kind of a compromise and any player moving through the zones can still drop loot/gear in them, the currency options are about rewarding players for having done the progression content even moreso than the access to the zones does so I am thinking I prefer that players have to do the progression to gain access to the rewards for that progression as well as being happy that the zones unlock to enable levelling lower level characters in them.

TL;DR - no, I disagree with this proposal.