You hurt yourself for 100000004 points

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by aozs, Aug 25, 2020.

1. aozs Augur

I just finished a run of Fell Foliage and about 5 seconds after Cactiki died, my warrior suddenly died right as I opened the chest.

I scrolled up in the log and saw this message:

"You hurt yourself for 100000004 points" (yes, with seven 0's)

I've noticed other messages along those lines for the Agonizing Needles effect across all my characters, but they're typically in the 3-7k range.

I'm wondering if it's the same underlying bug as the bard DoT Nagafen one-shot that I saw a while back. It seems to be lag related since it hit several seconds after the boss died.

I can drop a combat log file somewhere if that'd be helpful
  2. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Agonizing Needles includes this effect:
    2: Lifetap from Weapon Damage: -5%
    5% of your damage output is returned as damage dealt to your character. Opening the chest counts as instant-killing the chest, which is technically a mob and has HPs. Since the self-damage was about 100M, that would mean the chest had about 2B HPs.

The group mission would need to run a script that clears the Agonizing Needles debuff off all characters when spawning the chest, similar to scripts that cleanse DoTs at the conclusion of a raid. Until (and if) that happens, just wait for Agonizing Needles to fade on your character or open the chest with a different character.
    svann, Yinla and aozs like this.
  3. aozs Augur

That makes sense, I've seen this happen a couple more times and it always coincides with opening the chest.
  4. Zinth Augur

so cure first before "killing" a chest by opening it :D
  5. Funky Augur

haha i remember this happening during RoS.. good times