several hundred thousands of plat gone

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by shroomie, Aug 21, 2020.

1. shroomie Elder

entire house and yard vanished. shows items I've had for a long time no longer in inventory. Would like to get some stuff and raid but alas, waiting for my stuff to be returned. Don't see a lot of posts about it. Seems it's only affecting me. I have the worst luck when it comes to technology.
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Replied to the same comment in another thread:

D:\EverQuest\userdata

Sort by file size.

Locate "RE_Layout_12345.xml" (12345 can be a variety of numbers identifying your plot)

Make a copy of this for safe keeping.

Open a petition, include that file.

Just saying "My stuff's gone" on the forums won't get you anything.

Oh yeah.. and they'll ask for as much open bag space as possible.
    Dibab likes this.
  3. Boilon New Member

didn't lose hundreds of thousands of plat but i did lose a few items when the servers got rolled back... i made a petition hoping to get it back but honestly that's pretty f'ed up that they'd have to do rollbacks. Probably a lot more people affected
  4. shroomie Elder

Thanks both issue is items I’ve had for well over a month are gone. This is more than a rollback. It’s some weird bug seemingly affecting only me. Which is a shame because a bug affecting one person probably won’t get rapid attention despite the huge impact.
  5. Dibab Augur

I would suggest what wyre said above. Petition with as much proof as you can
  6. shroomie Elder

Thanks for the advice--that's what I have done. Now need to give the devs some space to do their work. My guess is they are flooded right now.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

Remember guys, they only have like half of their devs remaining - the majority of the senior leadership has left within the past couple of months.
  8. Voktar Journeyman

This stuffs needs to be stored in their servers. As a company, asking a client to provide the technical .ini and .xml data as a PROOF to restore some lost stuff by the company fault it is ridiculous and a very poor game design decission, i mean, EQ is a MMoRPG and you pay a montly subscription for it.

Also, this is not the first time something like this has happened, tomorrow could be you.

If by any chance i lost my different house idols that i use for my personal tribute, or my different translocation items i have collected after many years i know i whould be very angry and cancel all my subs at a minimum.
  9. Zamiam Augur

you guys do realize when and IF EQ ever sunsets all those digital items will be gone forever ..

would be nice if EQ would come out with a stand alone version that you could at least load up your toons and items for Nostalgia and maybe run around old freeport :p
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Dunno about plat, but make sure you don't have an eviction crate somewhere on you or the bank.
    Metanis likes this.
  11. Demisio New Member

I would like that. You could play that game like other games which have a single player option. That avoids botters, server crashs, connection and login problems and backups are more reliable done in the own system if the mood is on playing only for a small amount of time, like other games in that field.

but dream on...:p
  12. svann Augur

I thought our bank got cleared out but it turned out it was only showing empty for my alt. It showed no items and 200 slots available, so I think it just meant there was a disconnect between character and guild bank server.
  13. shroomie Elder

Didn’t even think to check my bank to see if that has missing items like my real estate. Will have to do that when I get home.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am not sure if you have heard of the fan-based EQLantern project. They have created Zone and Character Model Viewers. You can view assets offline.

However, this project is not open source so others cannot verify the security and safety of the files. If anything, I would use the viewer on a laptop that is not associated with EQ (where you don't even log into Daybreak site).
  15. Demisio New Member

absolute cool idea...
    I have installed the classic server years ago but all new expansions are excluded and it was not very stable.

Strangely the client is not accessible - temporary problem?
  16. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

They don't need it as proof. It is the difference in having it restored in hours/a day vs them digging through their data to find your stuff.
  17. Neroku_Necro New Member

Oh no my friend. Alot of people are being affected, their removing posts that speak too negatively. I've had my posts removed twice so I gave up speaking out. The community here will also criticize you for making a post or comment that steps too hard into their 10+ year back yard. You say anything of concern it'll get the basement people reason to comment. Say it too loudly and the post is removed by admins.