Wait a sec... Solved? Um.. NO!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I am sitting in Icefall Glacier watching an afk mage kill bears.

I take screenshots, /location./time. and include the spells being case (from his clr merc)

This ticket answer includes talk like, We would like to thank you for reporting this suspected violation...If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

And a link
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230629007-EverQuest-Everquest-Rules-of-Conduct

Now the guy is back, and playing AFK again.

This is not solved.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Or it was solved, he's not afk. Sorry Nancy Drew, but your investigative skills weren't up to snuff this time.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually what you meant to say was solved they couldn't PROVE he was afk. That's is all we can read from that.

OP should not be making multiple posts on the same topic though.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Xyphen Maximum Augur

PETA wouldn't hire the OP so he's out on a vigilante crusade for his beloved EverQuest animals.

Try giving your news outlet of choice a call. Let them know you're live on the front-lines witnessing the most heinous, unconscionable crime of the decade.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. The real Sandaormo Augur

I like Bears too dude but calm down in public.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. seber Augur

get all all the evil afk bot plz hehe
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They are investigating, as far as your petition is concerned it is closed and solved, they will not update it on any action taken or not. It usually mentions in their reply that you will not get to hear of the conclusion or any action taken against that player. Basically it is closed and marked as solved as they have nothing else they will tell you.

The player you say is afk could be one of the many "working from home" who are there but not concentrating on playing 100%.
    Fenthen and Skuz like this.
  8. GoneFission Augur

I just petitioned on someone who has been standing on a VT spawn point for about 3 months now. They rotate characters every few weeks. They stand on the spawn 24/7, just missing a few hours around patches. They put on self-buffs maybe once a day, the rest of the time they only have shadow buffs.

So other than inspecting gear and guessing, is there any way to tell if a character is FTP?
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

how bout we make a bot server and they ban all bots to that server? bot's need to die!

Andarriel
  10. Sobmre Augur

........what would be awesome is a prison server. get caught and get moved to it and never can leave. a no rules server ....just chaos.
    StiTch.ed likes this.
  11. Sobmre Augur

12. KermittheFroglok Augur

I'm not sure I follow a lot of these posts. I understand the OP's and others' frustration with perma-camps but the reality is these people aren't always AFK and as Yinla pointed out many are just multitasking. When I worked on my mage epic, particularly the Lava Elemental, I watched Netflix on one monitor and watched my toon on the other for 6-12 hours a day for about 3 days straight. (I didn't understand how the spawn worked...) That's just an example, not the only time I've done it. That's not AFK'ing that's keeping occupied while you wait in game. Plenty of people muti-task, especially back in the day before toon's could go into the "rest" state that accelerates your regen.

At the end of the day only the GMs have the authority to determine if someone is/isn't breaching the rules based off their interpretation. If they show up and someone is responding to their tells (which the consensus seems to be the current test) they've checked it out and should close the ticket.

I suspect the "AFK players" the OP is frequently upset about are often just people camping what they want. When you camp a named, especially one with a spawn timer that is +/-, sitting and watching for it on the side is pretty much all you can do if you really want it. I doubt a GM thinks you're cheating if you're at the computer and actively reacting to anything happening (e.g. a tell from a GM or fluke mob going off path into you).

If someone is perm. camping a mob you want send them an in-game mail and a tell asking for a turn at the camp or to share. If they don't respond or won't share the camp than call your guild in and out DPS them.
    Fenthen, Andarriel and Yara_AB like this.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I was doing hunter in the grounds and someone had a mage at every camp and eventually without resonding i just out dps on my rng they never said anything prob b/c the were never at the keyboard. I think those type of people are just there trying to get the scuffed bag drops.

Andarriel
  14. Cuuthbert Augur

But But But I have PROOF.... THE EARTH IS FLAT!!!! move on
  15. StiTch.ed Journeyman

This gets implemented in many games and IMO is an excellent way of handling it. Not only do you remove complaints about how x person paid for a sub and has had that play time removed, but once put in a toxic server they either a) feel right at home and stay there or b) understand why their behaviour is toxic when all their fave AFK camping spots are already taken and they can't achieve anything.

The other alternative...go Elite: Dangerous style. Offending players get a hit/bounty on them and other players can then attack, kill, and loot them ;)
  16. CazRaX Elder

Or they cancel the accounts, start new ones, PL them back up and be back at it within a few weeks. The ones doing it to make money have ways of being maxed out quickly and being banned doesn't cause much problem for them.
  17. StiTch.ed Journeyman

Well thankyou for your input, but...that's a real "problems not solutions" post. From that point of view, we can do nothing ever and should just a) not try and let them run rife ruining the game or b) address every case by issuing a lawsuit to ban them from having the internet or something.

There is ALWAYS a way around a problem where computers are involved. The more painful you make it, the less likely they are to know the workaround or stick around on that game in particular, instead moving on to a game that doesn't bother addressing the issue.

Also worth noting that there's a lot of slating DB at the moment for being harsh with their AFK penalties. IMO this is a real "they can't win" situation, either they'll get complained at for letting people abuse the game and ruining the experience in the name of RL profit, or they get complained at for doing something about it by people that it was aimed at.

I'm happy with the latter :)
  18. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!