Rathe Council Chambers Raids (SoD) - Bugged Chests?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Froglok, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Froglok Augur

All three raids done... none of the chests could be opened.

LDoN spells, Rogue (310 skill), /open, Archaeologist's Device, /attack...

Nothing worked.

Chests bugged and impossible to open?
  2. Thunderkiks Augur

I was only able to open these with the rogue using the actual abilities only.
  3. Zipe The Healer

IIRC you need a minimum of people close to chest to be able to open it... Like 6 people.
    Yinla, Thunderkiks and Eaiana like this.
  4. Eaiana Augur

Oh I remember that addition now too. It was due to some exploit people were doing on the Rallos Returns raid where a bard could solo the event by training the various NPCs into the opposing faction. Alla's says you need 12 in zone to open the chest.
  5. Froglok Augur

Having 6 near chest or 12 in zone might explain it, but we did have a Rogue, as noted.

We were doing old school raids to fill in old achievements for people. I am not sure if we had 6 very near the chest (we probably did)... but we may not have had 12 in the raid (I didn't look, and we didn't have all that many).

After all, the raid is old, the loot is basically trivial.

Even so -- if this is an old exploit fix, they now need to remove it.

After all, a single group and probably a single player of ANY class can defeat this now.

This exploit "fix" now acts as a deterrent to people helping others do these old raids, rather than acting as exploit countermeasure.

After all, filling in old spells, snagging items for the wall (placeables) or items to drop into tribute (if they tribute, I don't know if they do or not) may be the only incentives for players to help other players do them. If you can't open the chest, that small incentive is gone.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

TLPs share code with live, removing the requirement would open it back up as an exploit on those servers. Maybe with the updated code support there could be a new way to do it, but it may not be worth the time investment.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Thunderkiks Augur

We had 6 in zone.