Khati Sha the Twisted event problems

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by SquirkNecro, Aug 7, 2020.

1. SquirkNecro New Member

Server: Agnarr TLP.

My guild recently attempted Khati Sha the Twisted in Acrylia twice: once in open world and once in a DZ.

In both instances, the event bugged on us. After starting the script, the Warder of Death became target-able but the sacrifices did not spawn as they are meant to (the ones that wander to the cauldron). We were unable to complete the encounter.

A read through Allakhazam's entry for this event shows this it has been unreliable and buggy (in a variety of ways) for the past sixteen years. It would be great if a dev could review the scripting & implement a permanent fix so that this isn't so painful on current & future TLP's.

My request is only to fix the script. However, as an option to improve the event removing the nonsensical 50-50% chance of getting Khati would be much appreciated as a bonus.
    svann, Baldur and Yinla like this.
  2. theonepercent Augur

I'm confused as to what you mean by this. If you do the event correctly you get Khati every time.

I've done the event multiple times on Selo in the past few month with no real issue. The only bug I've seen is that the warders during the actual Khati fight don't spawn so the fights a lot easier than it's supposed to be.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I've never seen the sacrifices spawn from Warder of Death or the cauldron mechanic work, we just had 2 groups kill him while the rest did jail cells. If you failed the first event you probably didn't keep the grimlings in the jails dead which is the real failure mechanic because you can only let them interrupt the ritual like 3x before you won't get enough successes to win.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Did you kill spell jammers in the jail cells before they were able to interrupt the Vah Shir?

As for the "nonsensical 50-50% chance of getting Khati" - the first two portions of the event (Warders + arcanist) have a faster respawn time than Khati. If doing the event in open world, it's very possible to complete the event through the arcanist, but then get no Khati spawn if Khati's respawn timer hasn't elapsed. If Khati's respawn timer is up and you complete the event properly by killing both Warders and the arcanist, Khati will always spawn.

If you're referring to choosing which arcanist to kill as a 50/50% chance, it's not. You can tell which is which. One choice leads to a mini-boss to kill which drops loot. One choice does not. Both choices lead to Khati Sha (if it's up).
  5. Wengi Journeyman

arcanist00 is the right one to kill, you always want to kill the one that spawned in zone first.