Anti macro detection

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stune, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Stune Augur

Pressed 1 on each keyboard to fish, and wham booted to desktop. Followed all the rules but this must be a problem. Fix it, your logic has flaws. 2 characters starting fishing, both have the same fishing macros... was timed out of the server on both accounts at the same time. No illegal issues just normal game play.
  2. Raytheon Augur

Don't hit both buttons at the same time. Boom. Problem solved. You're welcome.
    VandilIzer, KimchiGoddess and Skuz like this.
  3. Stune Augur

Guess i was that good this time.. been at it all morning fishing to do baking skill ups figured lets do it twice as fast./ Just starting out on fishing and baking.
  4. Raytheon Augur

You can still do it on 2 chars. Just hit the first button on the first PC, wait a second or 2 and then hit the second on the second PC. It helps also if your fishing macro isn't on the same hotkey on both PCs. (make it "1" on one PC and "2" on the other, for example).
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Stune Augur

I'll try that too, thanks
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

They haven't fixed it in 4 years and they probably aren't going to fix it now.
    Stune likes this.
  7. ForumBoss Augur

I'm not convinced the key assignment matters. Staggering by half a second or so, and not bypassing the launcher has mostly done the trick for me. I still hate truebox though.
  8. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
    tofu stir fry and KimchiGoddess like this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I use the different number keys for the macros method suggested by Raytheon and I also make the pause timers on the macros for each character every so slightly different too.

Since doing that I have only very rarely gotten disconnected, and it most likely wasn't due to the truebox code kicking in on those few occasions.
  10. wade_watts Augur

sounds like your auto-click application got too aggressive. You should probably dial it back a bit.
  11. Nolrog Augur

That was my problem a while back. I was doing languages, and hitting the hot key on 2 PCs as fast as possible. That caused me to disconnect. So I just switched to doing it on one, and it was fine.

I have never run into it when out killing stuff. I use the #2 key for the spell casting, and it's never been fast enough to cause any issues.