Need clarification from DB on automation and to what extent

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ilshade, Jul 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healiez Augur

Directly from dreamweaver when i asked him about "the program that shall not be named"

Have heard emm q 2 is allowed to assist in boxing on non truebox servers, as long as you dont use the functions of it that allow unintended gameplay or afk gameplay. Is this correct, because last i heard it was a hard no regardless of how you used it

Hi Bashiez we have not made a statement on useage on servers and its unlikely outside of specific instances that we will. I am sorry I can't clarify further but the best bet is to probably assume the latter.
  2. Fluid Augur

It should be noted that I am an old guy and fall asleep at the keyboard, thus have curtailed my use of automatic anything so I don't get banned. It would be something of a bum rap to get banned maxing tracking, but those are the rules of the game and while I would whine like a baby, it would be a righteous ban by the rules. I kind of treasure my account as do many players and the integrity of the game.

There have been a number of blanket statements about what is illegal. Anything that interferes with data stream was the statement. I believe this was clarified to anything that gets between the server and the client. This would be any packet sniffers that do things like show zone content.

Anything that allows you to do something that is otherwise impossible to do with the client. This should be obvious for a lot of stuff like warping and opening doors from a distance where you don't have LoS. This has been further expanded into any program that ~sends multiple clicks to different clients. i.e. you are not supposed to use a single click to have 5 Wizards all cast Ice Comet within 10 milliseconds of each other.

IDK, it is pretty clear to me. You can not do anything someone playing the game straight can't do. You can't even do something someone playing the game straight could do if they were asleep at the keyboard. Only thing that is approved is not getting carpal tunnel syndrome while staring at your computer screen.

There are some things that you don't need to be paying attention to which is the only reason I can figure there are so many freaking Bards in this game.<Can you tell I don't enjoy playing Bards?> You just set up the Bard playing the school fight song and maybe a regeneration tune and you are good to go, everybody else just stands near him. Completely legal and if you do it some other way, you<global no personal> are cheating for the sake of cheating.
  3. Lejaun Augur

Let's be real. Nothing is being enforced. You can go to Hill Giants or Hooded Black Cloak or Efreeti Boot or a number of other camps and see them camped by automated characters. If you are lucky enough to find the places not camped by automation, you'll find them camped by AFK mages / necros.

Welcome to EverBot.
  4. Crybabies New Member

Your an idiot.... The dude with the 25 accounts pays also. Even if he used krono those account were payed for
  5. Chickenfriedboxer New Member

"You're" is how it is spelled.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

How DPG states what is OK: "No third party programs".

How DPG enforces what is OK: "All third party programs, just don't warp and play AFK or you might get caught. Also please don't train the people who are botting or you'll get banned"
  7. Kittany Augur

Instead of being an insulting.... jack-in-the-box, please explain how this person "Supposedly" pays for each and every account by using krono?
  8. Machen New Member

It's not hard to understand. He creates a demand for other players to pay for krono using $$ by providing in game services.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  9. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

You can't even comprehend what was said so why bother explaining that "said 25 team boxer" pays nothing to play on the tlp's.(you know, the servers that require a sub, that they never pay) because they sell raid loot for krono.

my comment had absolutely nothing to do with how they "generate cash for dbg by creating demand"
  10. RizLoaner Elder

Nice to see the cesspool that Aradune is because I've never had someone come into my HBC camp to even try to dps race or ks me on Rizlona. Please stay on Aradune, the fourm drama is well worth it.
  11. Fluid Augur

I screwed up twice two nights ago on Rizlona, luckily it wasn't using a guilded character or I would have been really in the dog house.

One time, essentially the first time I can remember, another player stole a MOB my puller had tagged. I lost my cool and went to steal one of his pulls but ended up getting aggro from a bunch of MOBs before I got there and lost an elemental that I had completely twinked with armor and jewelry. PC was apparently just passing through and was gone a minute later. My bad.

Another character was pulling from the entire area and not killing place holders. No KS, just not being a good neighbor and taking the spawn from right in front of me. I sent him a curt message saying he wasn't doing it right and he responded with ~what is the right way? I told him and it was to everyone's benefit as he got the spawn right in front of him going so he didn't have run around the entire area to pull. Then I made a bad pull myself and wiped. I figured I deserved it because I had put myself off my game by letting the situation get the better of me, falsely.

It was one of those 'go forth and sin no more' kind of things. I kind of made up my mind not to give a duck as it actually adversely affects my game play and quality of play when I let trivial matters bother me. I had a really good night last night anyway.
  12. dreamweaver Community Manager

Or they'll just get removed because they are against forum rules.
    VandilIzer likes this.
  13. Overlord New Member

How come you only replay and active when we post something you dont want people too see?
    How come none of you GM/Guides are present ingame and do something against the problem?
  14. dreamweaver Community Manager

Guides are volunteers and can not assist with in game actions, GMs review the petitions and check things in game as they are submitted or needing investigation. I don't handle anything in game, the forums and discord are where I am in charge and have control over.

If you are having an in game issue it needs to be reported to the GMs so they can investigate
    KimchiGoddess, GNOME_POWER and Duder like this.
  15. Overlord New Member

And thats what i did here because they dont replay on tickets.
    But you removed my report, so why are you hindering this issue?
  16. dreamweaver Community Manager

That was not a report, that was naming/shaming. Which is against the forum rules. People in the past have used it as a tool to attack players they don't like. You did not provide proof, you provided a name and location.

This thread has also gotten off track, if you'd like to continue this in PMs feel free. But the thread is locked.

EDIT: Because I forgot to add this, If action is taken against a player you report no matter what that action is it is unlikely you will find out since that information relates to another players account.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.