Another "true box" software error - weak coding

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ethyre, Jul 13, 2020.

1. ethyre Augur

I have two accounts. If I am doing selling or tradeskilling on my laptop, I may switch back and forth - I log out and log in on the other account.

Somewhere along the way the terribly constructed "true box" code thinks I am still logged in on both accounts at once and denies my connection.

My laptop barely can run one account let alone two.

This is stupid.
  2. Boodie New Member

Happens rarely when you swap accounts too quickly on the laptop/pc. The connection gets stuck in limbo. To fix this, log back on the first account on the laptop, and camp out the long way (don't do /camp desktop and then press yes for example, as this sometimes can cause the issue if you are swappin pc's quickly).

This should release the account from the laptop and let you log on the pc with it.
  3. modsiw Augur

This happens to me so freaking much. I change which chars I have logged in and which machine their on somewhat frequently.

I get around this by: Logging out all chars, waiting for EQ to close on all machines, waiting an additional 60 seconds, and then log back in.
    GNOME_POWER likes this.
  4. Xeris Augur

Ya, I mean the coding IS weak, but it's an easily fixable problem. Probably should be something they address to prevent it from happening
  5. That0neguy Augur

I always find the best way to get someone to fix something is to insult what they have already built as well.
    Karreck likes this.
  6. Karreck Somebody

But it's mildly inconvenient for him!
  7. Febb Augur

You should stop being cheap and get a decent computer instead of whining.
    CokaSZ likes this.
  8. Nolrog Augur

If you /ex out of the game, then it takes a few minutes for the server to realize you are out of the game and remove you. If you /camp and let it count down, you should not have this issue.

This is done to prevent exploits. Bad pull, /ex, train a whole ton of mobs on someone, get to them and /ex.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you're going to swap this can happen and if its time sensitive I just do not camp desktop. Camp out normal and escape out that way.
  10. CokaSZ "Oh they baited us"

Just because its classic doesn't mean you needed to dust off your old Intel Celeron to play it :D

Anyway, easy fix is... log out properly. If you /q etc or if you run in windowed mode and close the window it will leave you in a state of limbo.