DPG closing down?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vaxpo, Jul 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

getting near 3 years worth of push back on the stages all the while still collecting money from people who want to participate in them.
  2. That0neguy Augur

Imagine thinking any online review is legit.
    Skuz and code-zero like this.
  3. jeskola pheerie

Wrong, it is counted as revenue when redeemed.
  4. Mercanyin Augur

all the same stuff shown on ashes of creation streams.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Mercanyin Augur

I really don't see what your saying considering they never committed to any kind of time line. The only thing that was said was "expected 2018" that doesn't mean anything. Their development is not any longer or shorter than any other comparable game.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Pawtato Augur

I had to Google, Ashes of Creation. I don’t really see how that’s relevant to Pantheon. Resources are finite, redoing zones costs time and money especially considering Project Faerthale failed spectacularly.
  7. svann Augur

Well you guys been saying the same thing over and over for the past 16 years so I guess eventually you will have to get it right!
    Skuz likes this.
  8. KimchiGoddess Augur

9. Mercanyin Augur

Why did it fail?

I'll also point out that Visionary Realms is probably only like 25 13 people. Ashes of Creation is more like 150 49. As far as what is on linkedin.
  10. KimchiGoddess Augur

Have they verified this? The only reason I ask is because I managed an EB Games for a number of years (Canadian arm of Gamestop) and our gift card redemptions (people using gift cards to pay for their purchases) were actually subtracted from our daily sales to get the actual sales numbers. Gift card purchases were kept as part of the daily sales numbers. I could see krono working the same as gift cards in that type of scenario.
  11. Mercanyin Augur

side note

I did not know Daybreak was the publisher for D&D Online and LOTRO.
  12. mark Augur

how many people post on these forums 100maybe if not less ,now i logged on rizlona in general chat 4,most people2 or 3 box so thats over 100 players just rizlona outnumbers the number of forum posters,most people play the game and dont look on the forums.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Sullon help me, I actually agree with a mark post.
    Genoane and Skuz like this.
  14. Buster_Shruggs Augur

ROFL... its nice to see some humor amidst the trolling and "The Sky is Falling" posts!
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Saying something is expected in 2018 and when it still hasn't happened in 2020 all the while charging for what they said was expected in 2018 isn't concerning to you? They are still charging 1000, 3000, 10000 for pre-alpha access, 250, 300 for alpha access 100, 150, 200 for beta access and the game shows no real signs of ever leaving pre-alpha.
  16. Captain Video Augur

For the last three years. After WB acquired Turbine, they spun off a new development studio, Standing Stone Games, to take over both titles, and those guys contracted with DBG for publishing. If only we could get DBG to add those games to the All-Access pass! :)
  17. Pawtato Augur

They tried to create a complete slice of the game to market it, and after spending all that time they don't have anything to show. Now, they're going to back to the traditional development model. Time, money, and good will aren't infinite resources.

They're paring back their scope of work, but it's still too large of a project. There are too many races, which require art assets and unique starting areas. Everything is going to be climbable, which is going to add so much time.

Best of luck though, I know alot of people are treating this as if it's the Battle of Gondor and the fate of MMOs hinges on its success.
  18. Name2 Augur

Didn't see it on Fox News so it's fake news right? Way to exercise those critical thinking muscles bud. What's the motivation to go onto one of these sites and write a false negative review? Real professional people don't do that. I've found reviews on those sites helpful when moving between companies, I believe them more than some random EverQuest players that are completely hell-bent on defending Daybreak. Keep attacking me and not the substance of the argument, though, you'll get a lot of likes.
  19. Febb Augur

I usually take those reviews with a grain a salt. Some are disgruntled ex exployees who couldn't hack it in their jobs because of <insert reasons> and lashed out at the company because of their short comings. However there is some merit to management issues and that's what I usually look at when reading the reviews.
  20. dreamweaver Community Manager

Alright. While the death of the company is certainly a popular discussion point, threads like this just end up with all of you attacking each other.

It's locked.
    Duder likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.