July 4th bonus xp? Devs Please confirm!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Barder-mangler, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Barder-mangler Augur

Hey Devs- first off, big shout out to the GM team, I’ve been seeing them out and about lately and helping combat botters etc, major kudos!

Also- could we get a confirmation if there will be a bonus this upcoming weekend, and which days it will run? Trying to make leveling plans for the weekend but wanted to get a confirmation first :)

Happy Independence Day all!
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The Devs aren't really the ones that announce/confirm this kind of stuff.

In 2019 we had 76% bonus rares, faction, exp Mon July 1st- Mon July 8th
    In 2018 we had 76% bonus rares, faction, exp Sat June 30th - Thurs July 5th
    In 2017 we had 76% bonus rares, faction, exp Fri June 30th - Weds July 5th
    In 2016 we had 76% bonus rares, faction, exp, Fri July 1st - Tues July 5th

So at the very least you can assume we will have bonus exp July 1st-5th. Whether we have it longer or not likely won't be revealed until they make a news post.

I speculate this year will be July 1st through the 6th. But they very well might turn it on the 29th (today) or tomorrow.
    KimchiGoddess and Astral64 like this.
  3. Captain Video Augur

Mangler has a big unlock on the 1st, so it will be interesting. I predict Jul 1-5. They haven't typically gone for an earlier date unless 1st is on a weekend, and they only made it a week long when both the 1st and the 4th were on weekdays, so otherwise there wouldn't have been any weekend bonus.
  4. Azurefrost Elder

Do they usually have market place sales during this time frame? Thinking about picking some things up, but was waiting to see if they had any sales coming up.
  5. Protagonist Tank

Yes, usually.
  6. Nolrog Augur

IIRC, last year it was 20%.
  7. Nolrog Augur

[quote="Bobbybick, post: 3942853, member: 429361I speculate this year will be July 1st through the 6th. But they very well might turn it on the 29th (today) or tomorrow.[/quote]

I think that's a pretty good guess. I was thinking Friday to Monday (July 3rd to July 6th), but it wouldn't surprise me to see it turned on July 1st.
  8. Arrk Augur

Bobbybick has it right with the previous years... and with that I think it will be July 2nd @ 12pm PST - July 7th at 12am PST.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

At this point if they did not do a bonus, the outrage would make the charm nerf look like a thank you thread.

I would bank on a 4th of July bonus.
  10. Dudeisbeast New Member

Dreamweaver said this information would be released today. Just wait and see..
  11. Kiaro Augur

Gotta level them berserkers!
  12. Drogut New Member

13. Kabshaak Journeyman

Sweet. Just curious, what is the significance of them having chosen 76% in particular?
  14. Folded New Member

US Independence Day: July 4th, 1776.
    76%
    Pelrond and Kabshaak like this.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

We really need to start celebrating March 16, 1999.
  16. Barlin New Member