Twists on TLP Servers for BMs and giggles

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PantyBunch, Jun 18, 2020.

1. PantyBunch New Member

Do we HAVE to always do the same thing when it comes to TLPs?

Always starting at classic and as the "flavor" of the server is either having true box, allowing boxes, instancing or not, stopping at POP or continuing.
    Since TLP servers tend to get created at twice year (generally launching at the same time) can we get some whimsy to one of them for a freaking change in the dynamic?
    PVP for those that want it at least one time?
    Perhaps one that is really chaotic and allows mercs or defiant in the start if we are always dead set at beginning at Classic? (Yes, we ALL agree that is broken, etc. However, it is at least different!)
    One that starts at POP or later but doesn't unlock the later content until a guild has a lazy Sunday and steam rolls the early raids.

Whatever the quirky dynamic nature of it is can we do something, anything, different than always the same start, the same unlocks( changing the pace by a few months is a nonstarter for being qualified as "different"), and then the same inevitable drop off and merge of servers?
    I know these traditional TLP are big cash cows, I am not saying stop them, but once can we get something just a wee bit different. Otherwise it is the same rinse, repeat, restart every year.
    Mezrah and Maneuvre like this.
  2. Adagia New Member

I'd be happy with one starting at Kunark. Classic has such a limited area to adventure in. It really spreads out once Kunark hits.
  3. Protagonist Tank

If by "spreads out" you mean "results in everyone funneling down to the same two zones"
  4. Jaharia New Member

You got jokes. People have been asking for a PVP server since the announcement of the first set of TLPs. I think that it is a moot request at the point...
  5. RandomStrategy Augur

I'd like to see a server that starts at PoP, but the way to unlock GoD is only by completing raids from each era in a certain order within a certain amount of time.

Call it: EQ Randomizer.
  6. HicksAradune Augur

Yeah all 6 people who wanted PVP servers are dissapointed atm
    Skuz and Maneuvre like this.
  7. Mercanyin Augur

Start one out at GoD.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Neuro Elder

Start the next one out at Kunark, but level cap it at 50 for the first 2-3 months, then open it up to lvl 60.

Watching people trying to zerk Venril or Trak at 50 would be interesting.
  9. Maneuvre Augur

[IMG]
  10. HicksAradune Augur

No Maneuvre, you're one of us now!
    Maneuvre likes this.
  11. Loze Elder

Start one in Luclin with everyone level 60 in a full set of BiS Velious era gear.
  12. Dexxeaa00 Elder

I agree something different would be cool.
    I'd play a pvp tlp server but I have no idea if DPG would ever consider one.

Some of my ideas how to make classic a new / fresh / better experience
    1. Add new quests
    2. Add new trade skill items
    3. Add new named/ rare spawns
    4. Add new quest/activities that keep people busy with things they can accomplish.
    5. Add more faction related objectives.
    The Devs may not be able to reinvent the wheel. There are small thing that could make EQ better.
    Tucoh likes this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

So many ways TLP could be interesting and different each time. What a waste.
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.
  14. Mezrah Augur

I would happily support a TLP that allowed all race / class combinations from day 1, regardless of which expansions it launched with. I would love to try out a Berserker in classic EQ, and I sure others would want to play BMs and such race class combos as Halfling Ranger and Paladin. Obviously for Berserkers and Beast Masters they will need to leave out their epic quests until the correct expansion is launched.

As for a PvP TLP, again that is something I would be interested in, but I suspect it would not be well received by the majority of players.
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.
  15. Mezrah Augur

I would happily support a TLP that allowed all race / class combinations from day 1, regardless of which expansions it launched with. I would love to try out a Berserker in classic EQ, and I sure others would want to play BMs and such race class combos as Halfling Ranger and Paladin. Obviously for Berserkers and Beast Masters they will need to leave out their epic quests until the correct expansion is launched.

As for a PvP TLP, again that is something I would be interested in, but I suspect it would not be well received by the majority of players.
  16. Mercanyin Augur

I don't know what a beast master is. Is that a cartoon?