Did the patch help Aradune?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MightyUnclean, Jun 18, 2020.

1. MightyUnclean Elder

Hey guys, there was a patch on the 17th or 18th that was meant to open things up on Aradune, right? Did it help? I'm reading some people's comments that it resulted in a reduced queue, and others saying that the queues are now longer than ever. What's up?

Thanks!
    Ghostdog likes this.
  2. Zansobar Augur

Yes it helped a little as they were able to raise the population cap on the server. But there are still going to be 3 hour queues as the server is probably the highest demand server in EQ history.
  3. MightyUnclean Elder

Ahh, OK. And there is still no word of opening a second Aradune and offering free transfers?
  4. RandomStrategy Augur

I just counted roughly 6 (combining a couple) full General chats for about 2400 people at midnight CST. I'd guess at prime time that shoota up to attempted 3k+.

I don't know if they would do a sexond server, but it appears it's vaguely playable.
  5. Zansobar Augur

Yeah and the numbers are going to be quite a bit higher than those counted in the general channels because a large number of players have the setting enabled to not join those general channels.
  6. Machen New Member

Wrong. Read the patch notes and see how many times Aradune was mentioned, then figure out for yourself if the patch was "meant to open things up on Aradune"...
  7. Dyzalot Augur

I tried to log in tonight around 8pm EST and it took just over 2 hours. I think Tuesday even before prime time it took me over four hours. So yes it helped but its still unacceptable.
  8. Thalliius Augur

might just be coincidence, but i havent had any client crashes since the patch. I had both of my toons in EC all day yesterday too, with no client crashes

Again, could just be coincidence tho
  9. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

For me, queue time went down from about 3 hours to about 2 hours. This means that I went from ignoring EQ completely and just playing something else, to having enough time to log in for about an hour and buff newbies in Oasis, but not enough time to get set up and make some progress of my own.

It's a step in the right direction, but only being able to gain levels on weekends is still kinda lame.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  10. Erronn New Member

They obviously don't care enough about their players to actually make Aradune a reasonable server I'm afraid. So sad really.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  11. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Vaguely playable is not good enough. People came back and subscribed solely to play on this server. it doesn't matter that there are other servers. For many people, myself included, customer expectations regarding the stability and ability to just get in, have not been met. I gave up, having spent close to $180 on bags and an annual sub, I did a petition to get my bags moved, and rerolled on Rizlona.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  12. nagash101 Augur

Because so many people quit, nothing to do with the patch....
  13. Name2 Augur

This is what perpetuates Daybreak's mediocrity. You were unhappy with the service, but you're going to continue as a customer.
  14. Dyzalot Augur

Really? So many people quit between Tuesday and Thursday that my queue time went from just under 5 hours on Tuesday when I tried to log in at 5pm EDT to a little over 2 hours on Thursday when I started my log in process at 7:30pm EDT? I'd need some actual data to believe that was due more to people quiiting and not the patch itself.
  15. Ghostdog New Member

WE paid we do have the right to service and ACCESS to the realm .
    I paid to play on this new realm , I expect to do so .

Fix the issues or make a new similar realm problem solved !
    Nothing else is acceptable .
  16. Dyzalot Augur

I am suspicious of anyone calling them "realms" in EQ.
  17. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

They accommodated my request to move my bags to a different server. One that is not experiencing the same issues, and that is at the same point in server life. Trust me, if they had not done that, I would have done charge backs on every purchase, and never looked back.
  18. Name2 Augur

If that's an acceptable substitute for you, more power to you, you're not wrong. I look at the situation and see you getting a different product than what you spent all that money in anticipation of. For me that would feel like settling, but I'm glad you're happy with the solution.